Main Forums > The Roundtable

Double seat belt receiver or adapter

<< < (2/5) > >>

MillCreek:

--- Quote from: French G. on March 28, 2020, 12:43:51 AM ---Leave your wife at home! Gosh you guys are slow.  =D

--- End quote ---

I have discovered that both the wife and the dog get pissy if I ask one of them to ride in the back.   :facepalm:

charby:

--- Quote from: Hawkmoon on March 28, 2020, 02:44:25 AM ---Wouldn't it be easier and better just to install another seatbelt?

--- End quote ---

I was just thinking that, get a short end, remove the bolt on the existing passenger seat belt, install both short ends. Like the old bench seats with the middle seat belt had.

Unfortunately probably need to remove the passenger seat to get to it.

Or build a harness loop that loops around the short end of the passenger seat belt (when buckled) with a seat belt buckle on the end for the dog.

zxcvbob:

--- Quote from: charby on March 28, 2020, 10:58:43 AM ---I was just thinking that, get a short end, remove the bolt on the existing passenger seat belt, install both short ends. Like the old bench seats with the middle seat belt had.

Unfortunately probably need to remove the passenger seat to get to it.

Or build a harness loop that loops around the short end of the passenger seat belt (when buckled) with a seat belt buckle on the end for the dog.

--- End quote ---

Might need to get a slightly longer bolt to be safe; make sure it's the right grade.

charby:

--- Quote from: zxcvbob on March 28, 2020, 11:03:09 AM ---Might need to get a slightly longer bolt to be safe; make sure it's the right grade.

--- End quote ---

And it has a huge torx head, at least in my experiences

Kingcreek:
I can’t be helpful here but do people really buckle their dogs in? I’ve never seen such.
I’ve logged many thousands of miles with canines and except for long distance transport of hunting dogs in bed mounted crates, they usually rode happily in the super cab rear or the back of a Jeep. In fact when I retired my truck after 21 years everything behind the front seats looked like a yellow lab turned inside out.

In 1998 I had 1500 miles on my 99 F250 and I had an air kennel wedged behind the seat and all my hunting gear packed in the back of the cab on a solo trip. I hit a deer at night in the middle of South Dakota going 80mph. It slammed the front bumper went under me and pickled the tie rod causing severe toe in. I went into a slide, came up on 2 wheels, spun through the median and across the oncoming lanes in a full 360 and a 180. When I finally got stopped and the dust was settling something warm was dripping on my head. I reached back and the dog licked my hand. I turned on the lights expecting blood but my travel mug of coffee had bounced from the cup holder hard enough to break on the overhead console and it was coffee dripping off the headliner. Made me glad the dog was secured as much as she was in the crate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version