Author Topic: Ok, I guess I'm behind the times... what does this bumpersticker mean?  (Read 3064 times)

Parker Dean

• friend
Re: Ok, I guess I'm behind the times... what does this bumpersticker mean?
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 11:08:57 AM »
I once saw stated in a documentary, that at least 10-15 years ago, the Air Force started seriously cracking down on stunts by pilots.  One example they gave is that B-52 crashing near an airport when the pilot tried to pull some stunt involving a very high-banked turn. 

I think I saw that show. IIRC the pilot was a known hot dog with a B52 and he was chosen to show off for some brass with a tight turn to the left at low altitude, to be followed by a close fly by. He showed off all right, piling it up by dragging the left wing into the ground, resulting in the subsequent fireball.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2007, 11:19:59 AM »
... piling it up by dragging the left wing into the ground, resulting in the subsequent fireball.

Ta da!

"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2007, 12:46:52 PM »
"Your too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns"
I met an FAA guy at Oshkosh that had that as a bumper sticker.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2007, 12:51:48 PM »

He showed off all right, piling it up by dragging the left wing into the ground, resulting in the subsequent fireball.

Well, did he get fired for doing that? angel
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

mfree

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2007, 06:12:28 PM »

He showed off all right, piling it up by dragging the left wing into the ground, resulting in the subsequent fireball.

Well, did he get fired for doing that? angel

It resulted in a rather heated moment, yes...