Author Topic: Ready Player One  (Read 523 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Ready Player One
« on: December 17, 2018, 12:35:44 AM »
It's been sitting on my end table for months. Finally had time to watch it. Not bad.

It's a tad formulaic and a little sappy right at the end but, hey, it is a Steven Spielberg movie after all. Sound? Awesome. Visuals? In-freakin'-credible. All in all a decently enjoyable way to while away a couple of hours, especially if you were a teen in the mid 1980s.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Re: Ready Player One
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 01:37:55 PM »
I just watched it a couple of weeks ago.   Agree wholeheartedly with Brad's summation.   It's a fun flick...
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

robear

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 02:48:22 PM »
I hate to be 'that guy', but if you liked the movie, you'll love the book.   Particularly if you grew up in the 80's.    I was born in 1970 and totally geeked out on the book.    I really liked the movie, but they changed the story substantially to make it more appealing for younger audiences.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 04:31:12 PM »
I thought the movie was entertaining.  I didn't know there was a book.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 04:35:24 PM »
I hate to be 'that guy', but if you liked the movie, you'll love the book.   Particularly if you grew up in the 80's.    I was born in 1970 and totally geeked out on the book.    I really liked the movie, but they changed the story substantially to make it more appealing for younger audiences.

Beat me to it.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 04:43:58 PM »
I hate to be 'that guy', but if you liked the movie, you'll love the book. 
I was going to try the audiobook until I found out Wesley Crusher narrated it.  Honestly (and unfairly, I know) that soured me on the whole thing.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 10:07:26 PM »
Recorded it last night. Will watch it soon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.