Author Topic: Hello Fellow Murderers!  (Read 524 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Hello Fellow Murderers!
« on: November 13, 2021, 06:12:51 PM »
I don't do drugs, but what some of these people say kinda has me interested in trying some. This guy must be taking something dandy:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/13/hot-take-every-gun-death-is-a-murder-and-every-gun-purchase-is-premeditated-murder/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
Re: Hello Fellow Murderers!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 06:34:16 PM »
I don't do drugs, but what some of these people say kinda has me interested in trying some. This guy must be taking something dandy:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/13/hot-take-every-gun-death-is-a-murder-and-every-gun-purchase-is-premeditated-murder/

Eh ... If every gun death is a murder, how can a gun purchase be a premeditated murder? Has anyone here even heard of a gun being murdered? Who is to say a person buys a gun just to have it maybe some day be murdered?  =D

Oh, wait! Look at what happened in Australia. Didn't the government there murder a whole bunch of guns?  :'(  Without a trial?  :facepalm: Sheesh!

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 06:36:54 PM »
I just read that one. I've been armed for over 30 years. Pulled it once. That was enough to end the situation.

This person is a special kind of idiot.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 06:56:07 PM »
Has anyone here even heard of a gun being murdered?

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 08:36:09 AM »
What scares me is that people actually believe that, and at the same time believe the government should be the only ones to have guns.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 09:45:35 AM »
What scares me is that people actually believe that, and at the same time believe the government should be the only ones to have guns.

Almost like there is a hole in that logic that might be important...
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 10:19:20 AM »

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2021, 12:45:31 PM »
Since the 1900's at least, intentional murders of civilians by governments world wide have vastly outnumbered murders by non-governmental actors.

Frankly, I don't know what effect various gun control laws have on civilian murder rates.

I oppose gun control, because civilian guns are "government control."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2021, 01:50:25 PM »

So Alec Baldwin is a murderer.  Got it.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2021, 02:41:53 PM »
Somebody let me know when that account gets locked for spreading misinformation. Just curious.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2021, 02:43:21 PM »
The irony is it's actually the opposite. I think most of us who buy a gun spend the vast majority of our premeditation in how we will avoid killing anyone.

*expletive deleted*it, half the training for defensive carry is to deescalate the situation.  :facepalm:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds