22 (48.9%)
Life (w/o parole)
20 (44.4%)
Life (With possible parole)
1 (2.2%)
Other
2 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Hassan Guility  (Read 6550 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Hassan Guility
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2013, 07:44:47 PM »
I think they should just release him.   :angel:

You know, about 15,000 feet over the middle of the Atlantic  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2013, 09:03:25 PM »
We don't have the balls as a society to execute him.  Now that Boles got life with no parole, Hasan will get the same.  It will not play well to execute a Muslim and give a honkey life with no parole. do I approve?  No, but that is reality.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2013, 10:40:20 PM »
single combat- bales vs hassan.  or something.   Seriously, both these criminals should have been courtmartialed asap then shot. Within one week.

Levant

• friend
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2013, 11:05:11 PM »
I think they should just release him.   :angel:

You know, about 15,000 feet over the middle of the Atlantic  >:D

Haven't people survived no-chute high sky-dives?   A quick google yields:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011/07/19/im-dead-bye-skydiver-films-his-own-15000-ft-free-fall/

http://www.oddee.com/item_96967.aspx

.308 in between the eyes would be a sure kill.  Get rid of him quietly and without fanfare and forget his name.  I wouldn't want to have his name in history books or in rolls of martyrs in some mosque.

NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2013, 11:21:06 PM »
single combat- bales vs hassan.  or something.   Seriously, both these criminals should have been courtmartialed asap then shot. Within one week.

The survivor gets to bunk with Chelsea Manning.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

purequackery

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2013, 01:26:04 AM »
Quote from: Hawkmoon
Exactly. Hasan wants to be put to death, and has written that if he is executed he will still get to be a martyr. I don't think we should accommodate him in that. Far better to let him rot in prison, as a paraplegic, and contemplate his failure to achieve martyrdom every time he wants to stand up ... and can't.

Who cares if he thinks he will be martyred by a death sentence?  Does it cost more to keep a paraplegic in prison or to execute him?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.  —Bob Newhart

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2013, 02:54:17 AM »
The survivor gets to bunk with Chelsea Manning.

Our Constitution prohibits cruel or unusual punishments.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2013, 01:55:38 AM »
I understand the argument for not giving Hassan the martyrdom he seeks. However, I think it more important that we demonstrate our system and values operate consistently, especially in the face of challenges from outside. If the judgment is for death, so be it.

And yet the morals/ethics/values that drive our system call out for not allowing him to get away with politicizing his criminal behavior.

In a kinder/gentler time, when dealing with folks who differed only in the scale of of their crimes, the choice facing those convicted who had served in the military of the defeated enemy was between being shot or being hanged.  Hanging was selected precisely because it was not the option institutionalized (on both sides) for criminals who violated the military law.  Lining war criminals up and executing them via a firing squad would be recognizing that they had acted as soldiers.  Hanging them signaled that they were common criminals (as far as that meaning can be used to differentiate between soldiers who violated their military oath and the rules of war and whatever it is you call what they were).

Hasan has said that his crimes will not be completed until he achieves martyrdom.  Also, others who believe in jihadism believe that after he is martyred he attains honor and should be held up as an example of faith and of behavior to be emulated.

From a political as well as a moral point of view I would rather see him incarcerated and cared for/protected from reprisal by misguided individuals.  That protective custody will mean 23 1/2 hours a day by himself in a cell with access to books and tv somewhat restricted (nothing celebrating martyrdom - I understand the Koran is not the source of much of the "philosophy" behind driving  folks to matryrdom) would give him plenty of time to contemplate his failure at the last moment.  It also means he and his behavior will not be held up as something to be copied.

As for the economics of the matter - it is one time I am willing to let DHS claim terrorist attack attempts were defeated.  Who knows, they might be right.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2013, 09:23:15 AM »

As for the economics of the matter - it is one time I am willing to let DHS claim terrorist attack attempts were defeated.  Who knows, they might be right.

stay safe.

Yes, but DHS had nothing to do with either preventing or stopping this instance of "work place violence."
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2013, 11:06:18 AM »
During WWII some German saboteurs were caught  - it didn't take years to get to trial, and they certainly wouldn't have engaged in the buffoonery of delaying the trials over the "issue" of beards.

Justice moved more swiftly - and arguably, more surely - then.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/german-saboteurs-executed-in-washington

Hassan's trial should have been concluded and sentence executed years ago.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2013, 12:38:15 PM »
During WWII some German saboteurs were caught  - it didn't take years to get to trial, and they certainly wouldn't have engaged in the buffoonery of delaying the trials over the "issue" of beards.

Justice moved more swiftly - and arguably, more surely - then.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/german-saboteurs-executed-in-washington

Hassan's trial should have been concluded and sentence executed years ago.

Yes, but they weren't US Service Members subject to the UCMJ.  And I totally agree, as he was under US Military Jurisdiction, shave the beard.  Shave him every day and twice on Sundays.   This trial should have been handled long ago.  Is suspect some meddling, concern, worry, over what the CINC; would/could do unless all the I's crossed and the T's dotted, just in case they came back with Death. 

If Obama does anything with reducing his sentence, waiving the death penalty, or pardoning him then Obama will have shown his true colors.  And cost him the loyalty and respect of all service members.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2013, 01:53:48 PM »
Yes, but they weren't US Service Members subject to the UCMJ.  .... 

They were members of the German military disguising themselves in civillian clothing and acting as spies.  As such they were subject to both international law and the rules of warfare, both of which call for death by firing squad.  It's always been suggested that not all of them were sentenced to death, and the ones so sentenced were electrocuted instead of being shot in an attempt to secure safer/better treatment of US servicemembers caught in civillian clothing while trying to evade capture or escaping following capture.  That whole technicality of changing from a POW to a spy by changing clothing.

If Obama does anything with reducing his sentence, waiving the death penalty, or pardoning him then Obama will have shown his true colors.  And cost him the loyalty and respect of all service members.

Sadly, I doubt if you are anywhere near accurately stating the situation as regards the response of members of the military.  My doubt extends to the majority of the members of the military.  Were I wrong there would have been written complaints about Hasan's earlier behavior and statements piling up on his immediate superior's desk and following the chain of command on up as well as crossing over to members of Congress.  Complaints that could not have been ignored for fear of appearing politically incorrect or being a Muslim-hater.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/soldier-sentenced-death-fort-hood-shooting-185728155.html

And Death it is.  We'll see what Obama does, along with the Court of Military Appeals.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/soldier-sentenced-death-fort-hood-shooting-185728155.html

And Death it is.  We'll see what Obama does, along with the Court of Military Appeals.

Doesn't matter much. We haven't executed a prisoner there since 1961. One guy came close during bush's term but it got cancelled.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2013, 05:14:37 PM »
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2013, 05:23:00 PM »
Boles v Hasan -- What's the diff!
Cue the grievance pimps.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2013, 05:24:00 PM »
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2013, 05:57:06 PM »
Doesn't matter much. We haven't executed a prisoner there since 1961. One guy came close during bush's term but it got cancelled.

Close, didn't get cancelled, just delayed due to further appeals.

The execution of Army Pvt. Ronald A. Gray, who has been on military death row since 1988, was approved by President George W. Bush on July 28, 2008. Gray was convicted of the rape, two murders and an attempted murder of three women, two of them Army soldiers and the third a civilian taxi driver whose body was found on the post at Fort Bragg. On 26 November 2008, a federal judge granted Gray a stay of execution to allow time for further appeals
-Wikipedia.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2013, 07:12:27 PM »
The jury says "Execute him. "
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/28/us/nidal-hasan-sentencing/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Squeeee!
Too bad it won't be 'death by bunga-bunga,' after which his corpse be fed to pigs.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2013, 02:39:30 AM »
While he wasn't military the Feds didn't waste a bunch of time before giving McVeigh the needle, I still wonder if "they" were afraid he might spill something embarrassing about the bombing and possible .gov involvement.
Too bad Hassan won't get the same expidited service.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
Hassan Guility
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2013, 06:48:15 AM »
While he wasn't military the Feds didn't waste a bunch of time before giving McVeigh the needle, I still wonder if "they" were afraid he might spill something embarrassing about the bombing and possible .gov involvement.
Too bad Hassan won't get the same expidited service.

The Feds != the military.

Tons and tons and tons of procedure involved. Military justice system is vastly different than the federal prisons and courts
As for your comment about gov involvement, that's just silly
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

brimic

• friends
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2013, 11:48:44 AM »
As for your comment about gov involvement, that's just silly

Is it silly because federal LEOs are incorruptable and completely incapable of murdering children or running a false flag operation for a political end?

Barack Obama

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2013, 12:15:50 PM »
Is it silly because federal LEOs are incorruptable and completely incapable of murdering children or running a false flag operation for a political end?

It's silly because people in the government can't even keep blowjobs secret, or other affairs, let alone a massive false flag operation
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2013, 12:23:28 PM »
Not keeping BJs secret is a false flag operation intended to convince you of the govt's incompetence at keeping secrets.

Oh *expletive deleted*it, did I just let that cat out of the bag?  So much for keeping secrets...

Chris

brimic

• friends
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2013, 06:38:20 PM »
It's silly because people in the government can't even keep blowjobs secret, or other affairs, let alone a massive false flag operation

Well the stuff that does get out never sees a day in court anyway...federal law enforcement don't seem to be accountable to the same laws as the rest of us.
Sometimes all you need for a false flag to happen, is for the right people to simply let it happen.

Barack Obama