Author Topic: Man Behind The Hilarious "Conservative Pundit" Parody Account  (Read 951 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/03/the-man-behind-the-hilarious-conservative-pundit-parody-account-speaks-out/

The Donald Trump campaign has exposed deep divisions within the American political right and driven many conservative commentators to histrionics over the real estate mogul’s antics.

Thus, the birth of the #NeverTrump social media “movement.”

Fortunately, throughout the 2016 campaign, there has been one Twitter parody account that has perfectly skewered the conservative movement’s Trump outrage from the Right at every twist and turn.

The aptly named Conservative Pundit — found at the handle @DemsRRealRacist — has garnered over 14,000 followers and prominent fans such as Ann Coulter. Additionally, for a few brief hours on March 12, the @realDonaldTrump account followed the parody.

Put in the voice of a hypothetical National Review writer who believes Democrats are the real racists, Mr. Pundit tweets out his thoughts on a wide variety of issues.

Why the handle @DemsRRealRacist?

Because to me that’s the quintessential self-defeating conservative move: “Democrats are the REAL racists!” You grant total moral authority to the other side, and then you attempt to show how you embody their (superior) ideals better than they do. It’s a bad scene.

I would add that many  movement conservatives, weary from being pounded on as "racist" seem to enjoy doing a little pounding of their own.

I will say that I try to parody the archetype of a conservative pundit rather than any particular person, even though some pundits are obviously more “inspirational” to me than others and some of my tweets are potshots at them. Hence the generic account name. There’s more flexibility that way. I’ve found that it’s almost impossible to craft an ironic “conservative” position so obviously inept and self-defeating that there isn’t somewhere a pundit promoting the same position in all sincerity. It’s remarkable.

Why are figures at National Review and other places so easy to parody?

This is the subject of my upcoming four-volume treatise on how to lose a culture war with class and décorum, so I don’t want to give away too much here, but suffice it to say I don’t think that the problem with respectable conservatism is just that they’re afraid of being called racist or sexist or homophobic. They certainly are afraid of that, yes, but I think that the deeper problem is they’ve fully internalized a whole raft of premises about race, about gender, about “sexual orientation” that are extremly recent, extremely radical, leftist, and in many ways totally incompatible with the traditional American worldview that they purport to cherish.

The contemporary conservative pundit is in a precarious position. On the one hand, he agrees with his liberal friends that the United States prior to, say, the 1960s was a frightfully bigoted and hateful place, full of all sorts of phobias and -isms and other such indefensible attitudes. On the other hand, he wants his liberal friends to respect the political and cultural principles we’ve inherited from that evil and benighted past. It’s a weak position, and I don’t think many people besides other professional conservative pundits find it very compelling.

There’s also a lot of surface-level material to parody, too, because a high percentage of conservative pundits are pretentious dorks.

Some samples:

The longer Trump continues to spew vitriol, the less chance the GOP has to recruit fine young Americans like these: pic.twitter.com/1CilkYSNtf
— Conservative Pundit (@DemsRRealRacist) April 29, 2016

The Republican base is embarrassingly out of touch with its pundit class.
— Conservative Pundit (@DemsRRealRacist) April 25, 2016

OK. I know I’m 0 for 317 on my Trump predictions so far this election cycle, but LISTEN to me: he CAN’T beat Hillary. Totally un-possible.
— Conservative Pundit (@DemsRRealRacist) May 3, 2016

I want a 24/7 push from my fellow pundits on this: Tubman was REPUBLICAN. We can recruit DOZENS of blacks for the GOP if we play this right.
— Conservative Pundit (@DemsRRealRacist) April 20, 2016

Trump just made overtures to disaffected Democrat voters on LIVE TELEVISION! This man is a grade-A, crypto-LIBERAL. Totally un-Republican!
— Conservative Pundit (@DemsRRealRacist) April 27, 2016

#NeverTrump soldiers are stalwart. We’re committed to fighting this all the way—to Trump’s 2020 presidential re-election bid if necessary!
— Conservative Pundit (@DemsRRealRacist) April 27, 2016

Working on a better version of the Bible where “sinner,” “wicked,” “reprobate,” “damned,” etc. have all been find-replaced with “racist.”
— Conservative Pundit (@DemsRRealRacist) April 23, 2016

Sad commentary on the GOP’s failed outreach to naturally conservative communities like Mexicans and jihadis. pic.twitter.com/1GPBKl5cse
— Conservative Pundit (@DemsRRealRacist) April 22, 2016

Conservatism is much easier if you pretend the society that the Left just reinvented radically was the one you were conserving all along.
— Conservative Pundit (@DemsRRealRacist) April 18, 2016

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Man Behind The Hilarious "Conservative Pundit" Parody Account
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 01:41:08 PM »
I'm not being snarky. I'm asking.

For this individual, the notion that racism is bad, and something to avoid, is something invented by Democrats? And it's something that conservatives/Republicans are borrowing from them?

And is he saying that racism is a necessary part of the tradition we seek to conserve, so that it's inconsistent to want to conserve the American system, w/o also conserving everything inherited from the colonial period?

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 01:59:57 PM »

For this individual, the notion that racism is bad, and something to avoid, is something invented by Democrats? And it's something that conservatives/Republicans are borrowing from them?

And is he saying that racism is a necessary part of the tradition we seek to conserve, so that it's inconsistent to want to conserve the American system, w/o also conserving everything inherited from the colonial period?

1. The author is not engaging in dialectic, but rhetoric.  If you read it as dialectic, you will be led astray.

2. In the rhetoric world, according to the Dems: Yes, the Democrats invented the concept of "racism is bad."  And 1963 was yesterday.

3. The author is giving a rhetorical wet willie to the movement conservative authors who either believe or have granted that notion to the Dems.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 04:54:23 PM »

Did you read the quoted sections?

the deeper problem is they’ve fully internalized a whole raft of premises about race, about gender, about “sexual orientation” that are extremely recent, extremely radical, leftist, and in many ways totally incompatible with the traditional American worldview that they purport to cherish.

The contemporary conservative pundit is in a precarious position. On the one hand, he agrees with his liberal friends that the United States prior to, say, the 1960s was a frightfully bigoted and hateful place, full of all sorts of phobias and -isms and other such indefensible attitudes. On the other hand, he wants his liberal friends to respect the political and cultural principles we’ve inherited from that evil and benighted past. It’s a weak position, and I don’t think many people besides other professional conservative pundits find it very compelling.

It seems to me that the author above rejects the cultural Marxism or whatever the post modern mish mash is called that redefines sex and pretends that all races/cultures are the same.

He mocks the conservatives who accept the post modern foolishness about sex/race/culture that "in many ways totally incompatible with the traditional American worldview that they purport to cherish" and then wonders why others reject "the political and cultural principles we’ve inherited from that evil and benighted past".

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.