Main Forums > The Roundtable

Modern Samurai Project red dot sight pistol course

<< < (2/4) > >>

MechAg94:
I have a Sig P365XL that is cut for the mount.  I haven't tried to get a mount yet.  Sooner or later.

dogmush:
I switched to a RDS on my carry gun.  After running them hard on some drills by myself I'm a believer. RDS's are faster and better for combat shooting.

I need to make time to take a class, as skills are always something to improve.

--- Quote from: Mechag94 ---I have a Sig P365XL that is cut for the mount.  I haven't tried to get a mount yet.  Sooner or later.
--- End quote ---

There's no mount. The Romeo Zero bolts directly to the slide.  That combo (365xl w/ RZero) is my carry, and I really like it. 13 rds, tiny gun, but big enough to be easily controlled and very fast, target focused aiming.

Perd Hapley:

--- Quote from: Fly320s on September 15, 2020, 06:20:33 PM ---  I used to run BUIS, but I never, not even once, needed them, so I stopped using them.  I think pistols will follow a similar path.

--- End quote ---

Been hearing that a lot these days. Supposedly, a lot of spec ops people are on that train now. Course, they're using way higher quality optics than some of us can afford...

I should add a lot of people are using RDS on ARs, as back-up to something else.

Fly320s:

--- Quote from: fistful on September 15, 2020, 07:22:24 PM ---Been hearing that a lot these days. Supposedly, a lot of spec ops people are on that train now. Course, they're using way higher quality optics than some of us can afford...

I should add a lot of people are using RDS on ARs, as back-up to something else.

--- End quote ---

I'm sure the spec-ops boys have the latest and greatest, but even my lowly Aimpoint T-1 is nearly idiot proof.  For my "fighting rifles" I only use Aimpoints.  I'll use either the T-1 or T-2, but since I'm no where near the tip of the spear, I don't know if there are better options.

My carbine RDS are primary, not back-up.  I do have one SPR/DMR type rifle that uses a LPVO with a RMR back-up, but the RMR is more of an alternative rather than a back-up.  I can't see a LPVO failing unless it falls off a cliff.

Perd Hapley:

--- Quote from: Fly320s on September 15, 2020, 07:33:43 PM --- I do have one SPR/DMR type rifle that uses a LPVO with a RMR back-up, but the RMR is more of an alternative rather than a back-up.  I can't see a LPVO failing unless it falls off a cliff.

--- End quote ---

I gather some use an RDS or RMR as a close-quarters sight, and keep the LPVO on something other than 1x. I guess that is the "alternative" you speak of, but I would think it also functions as a back-up.

I only wish my LPVO was Aimpoint quality. My LPVO retails for $250 or less, so maybe I should have a back-up. But I don't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version