Author Topic: Three Hurt in Accidental Shooting at NC Gun Show  (Read 3834 times)

Regolith

• friend
Re: Three Hurt in Accidental Shooting at NC Gun Show
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 03:10:18 AM »
In other news, someone fell off a ladder while cleaning leaves out of the roof gutters. 

:P

Also, ~29,600 people wrecked their cars and ended up killing ~98 people.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 04:55:47 AM »
Also, ~29,600 people wrecked their cars and ended up killing ~98 people.

And ~25,000 died from the flu.

As it stands anyone can go out and get the flu without any sort of background check or training, and then proceed to try to kill people indiscriminately and without their even being aware of it! We obviously need tighter flu control laws, flu ownership permits, 5 day flu contraction waiting periods and a ban on cough silencers (antitussive medication), no honest man needs to be able to spread the flu quietly and without warning!  [popcorn]

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 05:22:55 AM »
And ~25,000 died from the flu.

Er...all in one day? This flu season is worse than I thought.  :O
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 05:53:33 AM »
Er...all in one day? This flu season is worse than I thought.  :O

Well the report about the deaths was released in a single day, so that's totally the same thing as them all happening at once, right? And, errr uhhh.... SO SHUT UP! Lets not let silly and trivial "facts" get in the way of my truth and political career. We need a flu ban, for the children! If even one cop goes home without someone trying to kill them with these assault germs then it'll be worth it. If you don't support a law requiring everyone to stop getting the flu then you're racist who hates America... and kittens. Black kittens. Because you're a racist. Who hates anything not white......... so there!

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 07:43:13 AM »
There was a minor incident at a local IDPA match two weekends ago. My chapter - I wasn't there but several friends were. ND while guy was muzzle-sweeping his hand (either while drawing or attempting to holster, I don't recall) and shot himself in the hand. There were two docs on hand and several EMTs with kits handy, so he was patched up and sent to the hospital where he was released a couple hours later.
It didn't make the news, thankfully.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 10:21:10 AM »
Tens of millions of responsible gun owners have never caused a negligent discharge.

If anyone is to blame (other than a few idiots), it is the vulturous media and politicians who have triggered a gun buying panic  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 05:49:06 PM »
add a nd at the shot show by a security guard
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 07:22:53 AM »
add a nd at the shot show by a security guard

You can't count that - he was a professional and therefore must have known what he was doing.  (Sure hope it was not a Glock Fo-tay.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 07:28:52 PM »
it mystifies me that gun shows want you to handle your gun but don't have a clearing barrel ( I'm not sure what they're called, you know, those barrels made for clearing your gun ) ...

When I worked at loomis we were not allowed to handle our guns unless we pointed them inside the barrel and cleared/inspected the chamber. Why cant gunshows do this too?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

erictank

• friends
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 02:52:13 AM »
it mystifies me that gun shows want you to handle your gun but don't have a clearing barrel ( I'm not sure what they're called, you know, those barrels made for clearing your gun ) ...

When I worked at loomis we were not allowed to handle our guns unless we pointed them inside the barrel and cleared/inspected the chamber. Why cant gunshows do this too?

Because it'd make sense?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 04:27:48 AM »

You nailed it, clearing barrels. They've also come in rather compact models for the last decade or so.

drewtam

• friend
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!