Author Topic: Three serial numbers on a firearm now?  (Read 1942 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Three serial numbers on a firearm now?
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2023, 07:46:40 PM »
Firing pins (at least for 1911s) are cheap, and easy to change.

And don't forget the extractor scratches and ejection port dents on the fired cases.  I'm not 100% sure I believe that, but I suppose it's a possibility.

And after all, it's just good manners to police your brass. =D

Terry, 230RN

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2023, 08:36:11 PM »
Back in 1993 Tom Clancy wrote Without Remorse,  and Kelly drilled and tapped holes to screw a catch bag over the ejection port of his 1911 when he converted it to an assassin pistol. That part of the story was set in the 70's.

If you are doing sketchy *expletive deleted*it, leave as little as possible for the CSI guys to mull over.  (Although in reality,  it seems like if you aren't obvious, and don't post video to the web, they don't really find you)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2023, 09:17:51 PM »
Did he recommend getting rid of all, repeat all, ammunition of the type and brand that was used, and run a oouple of rounds of fresh new different brand ammo through that new barrel?  Don't remember where I read that..
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2023, 07:07:13 AM »
Back in 1993 Tom Clancy wrote Without Remorse,  and Kelly drilled and tapped holes to screw a catch bag over the ejection port of his 1911 when he converted it to an assassin pistol. That part of the story was set in the 70's.

If you are doing sketchy *expletive deleted*it, leave as little as possible for the CSI guys to mull over.  (Although in reality,  it seems like if you aren't obvious, and don't post video to the web, they don't really find you)

Uh oh - you mean maybe I shouldn't post video on YouTube, X, Instagram, and TikTok if I ever do something illegal? I'll make a note.

It seems every time you turn around there's a news story of some idiot criminal posting his stuff on the internet - a few years ago it was high schoolers posting film of themselves smashing mailboxes, and I've seen video of a guy in a supercar running at 3x the legal limit on the highway. Last week it was cellphone video of a couple of thugs in a car deliberately running over and killing a bicyclist - an outright murder they committed, just for kicks. And posted on line.

It helps the cops catch bad guys when lot of criminals really are dumb.

As for the Tom Clancy novel stuff - if you're a contract killer or other assassin worried about a ballistic match, there are some pretty simple ways to change the ballistic "fingerprint" of any gun. But as a "professional" you should already be prepared to ditch/destroy the weapon entirely.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain