Author Topic: Does anyone have ang M1 Garand parts lying around?  (Read 191 times)

dogmush

• friend
Does anyone have ang M1 Garand parts lying around?
« on: March 02, 2023, 11:27:36 AM »
Weird question.   You guys know I do maintenance for the Army, and right now my shop is helping out the guys that do Funeral Honors for Vets here in Central FL.  The soldiers are Army Reservists, but the equipment they use was donated by the VFW.  It's "Army Owned" but we don't have any funds to maintain it.

The Grands they use for the gun salutes have taken a beating over the years and my shop volunteered to see what could be done to get them back operational for blank firing funeral salutes.  By cannibalizing parts we got all but one working, but that las Garand needs some real love to shoot again.  I sourced the parts through Numrich, and right now the guys that do the funeral are passing the hat to try and fund the parts because there's no Army money to repair these.

I thought I'd ask, and see if anyone had the parts, or maybe knew a way to get the parts cheaper.   They can actually fail gaging even, because these are blank firing only, also repros would be fine, no need for originals.

We need an Op Rod, a Gas Cylinder, Gas Cylinder Lock Screw, Gas Cylinder lock at minimum, and if anyone has one a front sight and screw, and a stacking swivel and Stacking Swivel Screw.

Thanks

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Does anyone have ang M1 Garand parts lying around?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 12:38:03 PM »
Have you contacted CMP?
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 12:38:50 PM »
Have you tried contacting the CMP?  Maybe they can help you out for a worthy cause like this. 

https://thecmp.org/

Looks like someone beat me by 47 seconds:rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 01:27:56 PM »
I have an email into them, but going by their parts for sale they may not have everything we need.

I thought I'd ask the gun community as well.