Author Topic: NYT - Biased much?  (Read 770 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
NYT - Biased much?
« on: August 05, 2017, 07:29:25 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/05/opinion/sunday/dowd-trump-mueller-russia.html

I don't even know what to say. Just ... "Wow!" One might almost think they don't like Mr. Trump, "the flamboyant flimflam man." I can't recall the NYT ever using such candid language to describe Barack Obama, who was (and is) a classic flimflam man. So much for objectivity.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: NYT - Biased much?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 07:40:17 PM »
Well, it's Maureen Dowd. Trump lives in her brain rent free. As you can see by the list of her other recent op-eds, every one of them is about Trump.

I still check in once in a while on the liberal rag where I used to live, just for the blood pressure boost. Their main "reporter" does the same thing in his weekly column, He can be writing about the local baseball team and still somehow work "because Trump is evil" into it. Every single story since the election, no matter what it's about, has a negative Trump reference.

Trump is almost a Darwinistic event. He has broken the weakest minds among us.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 09:11:50 PM »

"Trump is almost a Darwinistic event. He has broken the weakest minds among us."[/i]

You insult the weakest minded by comparing the Trump Foamers to them.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 10:24:44 PM »
Well, it is the opinion section.  I think they're allowed to be a little biased.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.