Author Topic: DOJ May Investigate Harvard on Affirmative Action  (Read 697 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
DOJ May Investigate Harvard on Affirmative Action
« on: August 06, 2017, 11:07:14 AM »
The main point of interest I got out of this was that staff at Harvard, as well as probably every Ivy League (or just every) university in the country would go SJW on you if you were to mention the book The Bell Curve.

Yet, if you look at what they're doing, they are supporting the thesis of The Bell Curve, if in a somewhat backwards manner. Blacks and Hispanics are given special consideration outside of academic merit over whites. Asians are given negative consideration over everybody else  because they are "high achievers".

It will be interesting to see how this proceeds.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/08/05/politics/affirmative-action-harvard-justice-department/index.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: DOJ May Investigate Harvard on Affirmative Action
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 11:14:05 AM »
The main point of interest I got out of this was that staff at Harvard, as well as probably every Ivy League (or just every) university in the country would go SJW on you if you were to mention the book The Bell Curve.

Yet, if you look at what they're doing, they are supporting the thesis of The Bell Curve, if in a somewhat backwards manner. Blacks and Hispanics are given special consideration outside of academic merit over whites. Asians are given negative consideration over everybody else  because they are "high achievers".

I listened to an interview with Charles Murray, yesterday, where he was asked (by Joy Pullman) whether why he felt it was necessary to publish uncomfortable facts about racial disparities in IQ. His response (or part of it) was exactly what you just mentioned - that his findings were the only justification for those college admissions policies.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife