Author Topic: Monkeyleg thinks too much  (Read 840 times)

grampster

• friend
Monkeyleg thinks too much
« on: August 30, 2006, 06:56:31 PM »
Well.......
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 07:01:18 PM »
Thank you, Grampster. Most people who know me would say that I don't think enough.

Ron

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 07:04:49 PM »
His posts recently have been hitting close to home for me lately.

I am going away from civilization up to the Porcupine Mountains and maybe Isle Royal to think.

Sometimes it takes years just to say or write what has been perculating inside for years.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 05:15:15 AM »
Quote from: GoRon
His posts recently have been hitting close to home for me lately.
+1...

Here's another vote to encourage Monkeyleg to depress the clutch and put his grey matter in neutral for a bit.

My little ones give me focus and clarity of purpose, I've got no choice but to shoulder on for the next 18 years or so...

However, these "hour of the wolf" posts are getting to me too.

Is there any way Oleg can set up a contextual filter that will force Monkeyleg to post something funny before APS allows him to post something 'maudlin again? Wink
I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 09:37:04 AM »
Point taken. I'll keep my reflections to myself for awhile.

However, if Barbara mentions again that her friend called her "Tsunami thighs," all bets are off. Wink

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 09:52:16 AM »
Seriously, don't ever think you can't unload on us.

This is all just an off-handed way of telling you to cheer up, because you've got plenty to be proud of.

Someone who did even 1/10th of what YOU do for RKBA in WI would by definition have to be a very special individual.
I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 01:07:58 PM »
AJ, I'm plenty cheered up.

The post about "reality hitting my wife...again?" She's becoming a conservative. Where's the downside to that?

(If you want to read something a bit depressing (not depressing about me), check out my next post on THR in the strategies/tactics section. I'll have it written in an hour or so, or whenever I get over there.)

I got some indication of what the internal polling is showing for the Doyle/Green race. Lots to be cheery about there.

Read my last post on my "planning" thread.

The one thing I really like about APS is that it's like a small family. While I've met a few of the people who post here, most I only know through this forum. Yet I feel like I've gotten to know many very well.

And I feel that I'm able to say things here, within the bounds of good taste of course, about my life that I wouldn't say to my own family, neighbors, or most face-to-face friends.

I really thank Oleg for that opportunity.

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 02:30:35 PM »
Dick,

Please email me anytime.  I'd be happy to talk, and some of our mutual musings on life might be better suited for a conversation, instead of a broadcast, if some folks have a hard time with your introspection.

Fig
fignozzle at yahoo dot com

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 02:46:47 PM »
Hey Dick.  I was just joking.  I think you know that but....I appreciate your musings.

They lend support to the fact that we all have some things scrabbling around for attention.  I hope you took this topic in the tongue in cheek intent that it was meant.
APS is a great place for turning the muse loose.

Patriots in Wisconson should be proud of your work.  Molon Labe.

Best regards.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw