Author Topic: Airfix has gone into administration  (Read 667 times)

Iain

• friend
Airfix has gone into administration
« on: September 01, 2006, 02:31:16 AM »
I 'built' a couple of these kits somewhere around twenty years ago. Of course my dad helped. Never actually painted one, that was the boring bit, scrabbling around looking for some tiny bit of plastic to apply too much glue to and then risk sticking it in the wrong place was the fun part.

Times have moved on.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5304780.stm

The artwork on the boxes enticed us to glue, assemble and paint anything from Spitfires, Saturn Five rockets, soldiers and sailing ships, to railway rolling stock, armoured vehicles, classic cars and even dinosaurs; the range was vast.

Then came the mock battles across the bedroom floor with painted tanks, planes and infantry; aircraft hung from the ceiling, suspended by cotton thread. Occasionally you pushed a Stuka dive-bomber out of the window that you had set alight, but it never quite exploded as in the films.
I wonder what his parents thought about him setting the window alight.

and a comment...

This article reminds me of one of the funniest moments on TV. Namely, seeing Adrian Mole sitting in an A&E waiting room with an Airfix Spitfire stuck to his nose after his experiment with glue sniffing.
PS, Birmingham, UK
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also