Author Topic: 3rd world status here we come!  (Read 1527 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: 3rd world status here we come!
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2023, 09:26:40 AM »
My point about housing was not to say the current homeless would suddenly get jobs and pay rent, but to (maybe) make it so there were fewer new homeless every year.  Not sure it would help or not.

Many of the homeless are able to do what they do because there are lots of benefits and "help" making it possible for them to be lazy.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2023, 08:29:18 AM »
It is my understanding that people being homeless short term is not rare... like someone living in their car for a few months because they lost their apartment.

Long term homeless usually have serious problems other than just not having affordable housing.  The crazy, the addicts, the pathologically lazy.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2023, 03:06:29 PM »
Homeless camp pushing out San Fran's famous Farmer's Market

A San Francisco resident is warning one of the city's popular farmers markets is now on the verge of extinction after being "taken over" by drug dealers and addicts from nearby homeless encampments.

Jenny Chan, who shared a photo online showing how encampments have overwhelmed the Civic Center, described the city as on its way to becoming "the next Detroit" on "Fox & Friends First."

"People are leaving. Businesses are closing down. It's very unacceptable to live this lifestyle. I mean, the farmers market used to be the heart and soul of our city, and now we can't even have that," Chan said Tuesday.

Vendors abandon popular San Francisco farmers market as drug addicts overtake streets
https://www.foxnews.com/media/vendors-abandon-popular-san-francisco-farmers-market-drug-addicts-overtake-streets
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes