Author Topic: Obama loses to "Generic Republican"... this is bad for us  (Read 16735 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: Obama loses to "Generic Republican"... this is bad for us
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2011, 10:58:11 AM »
At age 51, I am not as old as some on this board, but am older than most, I suspect.  It is interesting for me to think back over the past 35 years or so about all the individuals and political groups that have predicted the imminent destruction of America, usually because of one Administration and Congress or the other.  And yet the Republic endures.  Possibly not in a fashion preferred by some, yet it endures nonetheless.  I see it enduring for the future, regardless of whom is elected in 2012.

O ye of too much faith...

"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2011, 11:05:00 AM »
At age 51, I am not as old as some on this board, but am older than most, I suspect.  It is interesting for me to think back over the past 35 years or so about all the individuals and political groups that have predicted the imminent destruction of America, usually because of one Administration and Congress or the other.  And yet the Republic endures.  Possibly not in a fashion preferred by some, yet it endures nonetheless.  I see it enduring for the future, regardless of whom is elected in 2012.

This is like saying you're the same "Millcreek" you were at 25.  Yes, the name is the same, but...
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2011, 11:11:35 AM »
The Roman Empire endured for some time. It was not the Roman Republic, though.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2011, 11:33:14 AM »
What's endured is that the public urinals are as bad today as they were under Vespasian.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2011, 02:19:55 PM »
Funny how the best places in the world to live (according to the left & squishes) are places that are almost "diversity"-free enclaves of white people.

Anyone care to examine that phenomenon?

The left are actually racist?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2011, 02:42:30 PM »
Funny how the best places in the world to live (according to the left & squishes) are places that are almost "diversity"-free enclaves of white people. Anyone care to examine that phenomenon?

I'd say they are places that embody the political virtues of Northern Europe.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2011, 07:36:24 PM »
Funny how the best places in the world to live (according to the left & squishes) are places that are almost "diversity"-free enclaves of white people.

Anyone care to examine that phenomenon?
IIRC, there's more than a million here who are not ethnic Swedes/Scandis. Gypsies, Arabs, Somalis, Albanians, Thais, Hispanic, Turks, Persians. Diversity free? Not since the 60's. Multi-culture is the name of the game here. [barf]
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2011, 09:02:59 PM »
I should have said erstwhile political virtues of Northern Europe.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2011, 08:34:25 AM »
IIRC, there's more than a million here who are not ethnic Swedes/Scandis. Gypsies, Arabs, Somalis, Albanians, Thais, Hispanic, Turks, Persians. Diversity free? Not since the 60's. Multi-culture is the name of the game here. [barf]

85% Swedish, 5% Finns, 10% "other" (Highest single other reported ethnicity, Assyrian .88%)

Yeah, bastion of diversity, you Swedes. ;)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought