Author Topic: Russia has sent troops into Ukraine  (Read 11907 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re:
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 09:05:57 PM »
To quote a friend
Obama told the Ukraine "if you like your sovereignty you can keep your sovereignty"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

=D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Russia has sent troops into Ukraine
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 09:37:35 PM »
So anyone think there may be an effect on Russian ammo imports?

I doubt Russia will be affected, but I was wondering if the administration might try to use it as an excuse to mess with imports.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 11:46:38 PM »
So anyone think there may be an effect on Russian ammo imports?

I doubt Russia will be affected, but I was wondering if the administration might try to use it as an excuse to mess with imports.

I dunno .... but it does make me glad I ordered a pack of 1000 rnds of 7.62 ● 39  Wolf. =)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2014, 10:49:36 AM »
Anyone here remember the catcalls, hooting and laughter back in 2008 when Sarah Palin said this:

"After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama’s reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia’s Putin to invade Ukraine next."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2014, 11:00:45 AM »
Anyone here remember the catcalls, hooting and laughter back in 2008 when Sarah Palin said this:

"After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama’s reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia’s Putin to invade Ukraine next."

Come on now she's just a Republican bimbo from the Midwest who dont know nothin'... ;/
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Neemi

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2014, 11:58:38 AM »
from the midwest? C'mon... she can see Russia from her house!  [popcorn]

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2014, 12:18:08 PM »

Anchorage is about the same longitude as Honolulu  ;)   :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2014, 02:33:40 PM »
"The United States will stand with the international community in affirming that there will be costs for any military intervention in Ukraine. I mean, you have fuel, danger pay, ammunition, medical care, food ... All kinds of costs. Just as a friendly FYI."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2014, 05:51:51 PM »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2014, 06:03:24 PM »

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2014, 06:21:36 PM »
Shots fired in Crimea. http://video.lefigaro.fr/figaro/video/crimee-des-coups-de-feu-en-direct/3275897723001/

Actually, based on the grenade launchers (of a non exported Russian mil type) and this video showing fired blanks I'm thinking that was Russian false flag. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nwHIi2uadf8
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:32:48 PM by Balog »

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Russia has sent troops into Ukraine
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2014, 08:31:02 PM »
I can't help but be reminded of the last time a European country with designs on empire started invading its neighbors in order to "safegaurd their ethnic brethren. "

Interesting times we live in.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2014, 08:32:31 PM »
So, who is taking odds on how soon France surrenders?

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2014, 08:42:05 PM »
I can't help but be reminded of the last time a European country with designs on empire started invading its neighbors in order to "safegaurd their ethnic brethren. "

2008?

I mean, I get the nazi references, but this ain't a new thing for the russkies.  Invading former soviet republics is sort of vlad's thing.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2014, 08:56:22 PM »

That's how she knew Putin was going to invade. She could see the tanks being trucked in.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2014, 09:22:36 PM »
I see that Obama gave Putin an ultimatum.

"If you don't stay out of Ukraine, I won't come visit you this Summer".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2014, 09:28:18 PM »

Russia has wanted to reaquire Ukraine since the fall of the USSR.  If it goes hot, I'm curious if the EU will intervene.  They're broke and slashed defense spending. If Russia offered enough of a bribe...  Say cheap gas...

While it sucks, we should stay out of it. We pissed away a trillion on Iraq. Think anyone would cut us a check for saving Ukraine?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Re: Re: Russia has sent troops into Ukraine
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2014, 09:39:20 PM »
Russia has wanted to reaquire Ukraine since the fall of the USSR.  If it goes hot, I'm curious if the EU will intervene.  They're broke and slashed defense spending. If Russia offered enough of a bribe...  Say cheap gas...

While it sucks, we should stay out of it. We pissed away a trillion on Iraq. Think anyone would cut us a check for saving Ukraine?
Sure. Payable in all the warm fuzzies we can handle.

Sent via tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2014, 09:59:46 PM »

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/02/28/palin-on-ukraine-i-told-you-so/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2014, 11:54:12 PM »
Russian parliament has authorized military force in Ukraine. Not sure exact terms.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2014, 12:22:37 AM »
2008?

I mean, I get the nazi references, but this ain't a new thing for the russkies.  Invading former soviet republics is sort of vlad's thing.

Yes. And Hitler invaded several countries before the rest of Europe did anything other than appease him. I'm well aware Putin invaded Georgia in 2008. I am, in fact referring to it in my "invaded neighboring countries" statement.

I'm not saying we ought to start a war over this but I am saying that these may be warning signs and chances to stop something early.

Of course we have a feckless and weak leadership in this country, so even if we should step in... we won't.

Speak loudly and carry a strongly worded letter is our current foreign policy.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2014, 01:00:29 AM »
Of course we have a feckless and weak leadership in this country, so even if we should step in... we won't.

Speak loudly and carry a strongly worded letter is our current foreign policy.

Cheaper than the alternative.

If Czar Putin starts invades Poland or the rest of Europe, it might be in our interest to get involved. Because then things have gotten to the point where it is in our interests to get involved. Otherwise we're pissing more billions or trillions down the drain. We should not be spending money we don't have on saving other people's bacon when it doesn't involve our best interests.

We're not popular around the world anyways. So what do we care if the wogs don't respect or like us? We mind our business unless we have to smash some skulls.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2014, 04:17:25 AM »
Taking over air force bases

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2014, 10:10:19 AM »
Cheaper than the alternative.

If Czar Putin starts invades Poland or the rest of Europe, it might be in our interest to get involved. Because then things have gotten to the point where it is in our interests to get involved. Otherwise we're pissing more billions or trillions down the drain. We should not be spending money we don't have on saving other people's bacon when it doesn't involve our best interests.

We're not popular around the world anyways. So what do we care if the wogs don't respect or like us? We mind our business unless we have to smash some skulls.

I agree. I would prefer a President who kept his words and bluster to a minimum in this case, so that we don't appear ever weaker, but this to me is a case of speak softly and carry a big stick and be prepared to use it if necessary. "We're mad at you and I won't let you be my BFF" isn't cutting it on the "taking us seriously" front. Further, it's kind of hard for us to justify the whole, "Putin is violating sovereignty" thing when we have drones in Pakistan.

I will say that I think, given escalation, we would likely have more business, and more affected interests, intervening militarily here than we did when putting boots on the ground in Iraq. 
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2014, 10:32:13 AM »
Putin's days of not taking Obama seriously are certainly coming to a middle.