Author Topic: Last of the Women Wash Out of Ranger School  (Read 19068 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Last of the Women Wash Out of Ranger School
« on: June 24, 2015, 05:53:03 PM »
Alen West has something to say about it.
http://allenbwest.com/2015/06/out-of-8-women-in-army-ranger-school-guess-how-many-graduated/

Embedded Link:
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2015/0529/All-8-women-fail-Ranger-School-Some-Rangers-say-standards-should-change-video

Looks like cadre kept the standards this go 'round.  The usual suspects are making noise about lowering them, of course.

Quote from: yahoo
WASHINGTON — On Friday, the Army announced that all the women who had attempted to graduate from Ranger School had officially failed to meet the standards, according to a military source.

Ranger School, which grooms the Army’s most elite special operations fighting force, opened its doors to women for the first time this year. Eight of the 20 women who originally entered the school's first co-ed class were allowed to recycle through the program after they fell out in their first go-round. The Friday announcement confirmed this happened again. Three of the eight were invited to take the course over again in late June.

To many, this means the system is working as it should.

The Rangers are the best of the best, and being a Ranger means passing a physical test that pushes body and mind to the breaking point. If women can’t do it, the argument goes, then they shouldn’t be Rangers.

But there is another opinion quietly being voiced as well: that Ranger School is more akin to a rite of passage – an opportunity for men to “thump their chest,” as one Ranger puts it – than a realistic preparation for leading in war. That women can actually make Ranger units more effective. And that the standards that keep them out are outdated.

Sure, let us pass the "participation tabs" around.  You go, grrrl!

We need a blood-letting in the higher ranks of the Army.

I am not sure what the nitwits think Rangers do that would make them more effective by admitting women.  SOCOM and USASOC already have psyops and other such units that might make use of women. 

Ranger School also showed women were innovative problem-solvers who offered fresh approaches in the field.

Let me translate: "We could find no metric that showed these women were up to standard, but I really don't want to torpedo my career so I will toss out some unquantifiable feel-good verbal squid ink to satisfy the cultural marxists now in control of the Army."

Just read the embedded article.  The wishful thinking, hand-wavium, and bushwa is thick on the ground.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Last of the Women Wash Out of Ranger School
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 06:18:06 PM »
But male and female differences are just cultural and stuff!

What is the point of having a Ranger school, anyway? Can't people just identify as Rangers, and be done with it?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 06:18:45 PM »

That's too bad, I'd hoped one of them would make it.
"It's good, though..."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 08:29:10 PM »
From what I understand, the PT test isn't what failed em. They made it to the ranger standard which is quite high, and not gender specific (i think it's 70 percent in each event in the 18-21 male age group, plus the CWST and 3 chin ups)
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 10:38:51 PM »
Ok, then the obvious question is what did fail them, if not the PT?

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 10:51:10 PM »
Quothe Roo_ster
We need a blood-letting in the higher ranks of the Army.
I'm afraid we are too late, and we will have a blood-letting in the lower ranks.  Quite literally.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 11:24:31 PM »
Ok, then the obvious question is what did fail them, if not the PT?

Probably being women.

I'm sure this sounds misogynist, but there's more to being able to patrol endlessly through *expletive deleted*it terrain and do all the other things at Ranger school than brute physical strength.

Women, in general, lack many aspects of toughness that men who attend ranger school tend to have. Mental toughness, the drive to continue when you don't want to... etc. THey're often not as good at making sound snap decisions under pressure while underfed and underslept.

We will never know why they washed out. They could have quit, they may have gotten peered out (which, at first glance may seem as if the men were out to get them.. but in the current climate? No male ranger candidate is gonna peer out a woman unless it's well deserved)
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 11:31:09 PM »
Probably being women.

I'm sure this sounds misogynist, but there's more to being able to patrol endlessly through *expletive deleted*it terrain and do all the other things at Ranger school than brute physical strength.

Women, in general, lack many aspects of toughness that men who attend ranger school tend to have. Mental toughness, the drive to continue when you don't want to... etc. THey're often not as good at making sound snap decisions under pressure while underfed and underslept.

We will never know why they washed out. They could have quit, they may have gotten peered out (which, at first glance may seem as if the men were out to get them.. but in the current climate? No male ranger candidate is gonna peer out a woman unless it's well deserved)

Overall, the least misogynistic way I can think to put the entire situation is thusly:

Men, on the whole, have a natural capability for killing, learning to kill, and more often naturally possess the skills and traits that facilitate it than do women.

As my brother in law (an MD) would say, "That's just straight up biology, sister."
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 12:27:33 AM »
Overall, the least misogynistic way I can think to put the entire situation is thusly:

Men, on the whole, have a natural capability for killing, learning to kill, and more often naturally possess the skills and traits that facilitate it than do women.

As my brother in law (an MD) would say, "That's just straight up biology, sister."
unless they're redheads. I'm pretty sure their biology allows for it.

Maybe that's the solution. Instead of trying to integrate we just need to form an all female ginger core that deploys one week a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 08:23:44 AM »
unless they're redheads. I'm pretty sure their biology allows for it.

Maybe that's the solution. Instead of trying to integrate we just need to form an all female ginger core that deploys one week a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe this is a workable plan and should be explored.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 10:16:08 AM »
I believe this is a workable plan and should be explored.

I believe that joke is so old, it's menopausal.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 12:13:26 PM »
The left forgets that 'minimum standards' are the bare minimum to barely get in or get by- not a goal to achieve.

Know a guy from my hometown HS, a year or two younger than me who is/was a Green Beret. If there is one woman in the 3.5 billion or so in the world that could take him in a fight, I would be shocked.
East german/bulgarian female body power lifters aside, women just don't get that big with single digit %body fat.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 12:40:32 PM »

I believe that joke is so old, it's menopausal.

Don't get your panties in a bunch
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 01:47:52 PM »
Weaponsman weighs in:

http://weaponsman.com/?cat=34

A common beef is that, as the women don’t come from combat arms, they can’t be expected to know anything about patrolling or, say, warning orders. That’s nonsense; patrolling is necessary for any unit to secure its perimeter, and writing warning, operations, and fragmentary orders is a common skill at all officer and NCO leadership levels. One of the struggling candidates is a major, for the love of Mike, and therefore has ten years in a wartime Army, and is ambitious enough to want to pursue this badge on the theory that it will catapult her into high command. Can’t do an operations order?

Maybe this gig is not for you.

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 02:01:14 PM »

Weaponsman's earlier blog post lists by the number exactly why the female candidates were dropped.  Failing all patrols, along with a couple that also failed all peer evaluations.  Three female candidates were offered a Day 1 recycle and classed up with Class 08-15 this week.

http://weaponsman.com/?p=23048  (see the end of the post)

His whole series of posts about the women in Ranger School pilot has a lot of good information...

http://weaponsman.com/?s=rangerettes

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 02:38:28 PM »
The left forgets that 'minimum standards' are the bare minimum to barely get in or get by- not a goal to achieve.

Know a guy from my hometown HS, a year or two younger than me who is/was a Green Beret. If there is one woman in the 3.5 billion or so in the world that could take him in a fight, I would be shocked.
East german/bulgarian female body power lifters aside, women just don't get that big with single digit %body fat.

Two granddaughters by my foster son are amazons. Scary girls 5'11 and change. Both were in the marines along with their older brother . They both are as fit and tuff as any women I have ever seen. And they will tell you that even though they can whup many guys in their units they are not combat material. Why? They point at their brother, when I can carry him out then I qualify but as much as I want to I can't.
I admire their spirit and they are head and shoulder above me and many others but wishing you are something does not make you that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 03:09:19 PM »
I'm really curious as to the females that have so far attempted Ranger school.  Curious as to those that applied that had a shot of passing were told no from the get go.

I am not so disillusioned to think that there isn't somewhere in the Army 1-2% of the females that would be able to pass the school.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 03:48:29 PM »
As Commander in Chief, look for barack hussein to just 'make it happen'.  Soon, too.

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 06:52:21 PM »
I'm really curious as to the females that have so far attempted Ranger school.  Curious as to those that applied that had a shot of passing were told no from the get go.

I am not so disillusioned to think that there isn't somewhere in the Army 1-2% of the females that would be able to pass the school.

What do you mean? 

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 07:59:16 PM »
What do you mean? 

If any women actually passed, the joint chiefs wouldn't have an excuse to lower the standards.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 12:47:31 AM »

I don't think they have boxing matches to decide who gets kicked off the island.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 12:55:33 AM »
I don't think they have boxing matches to decide who gets kicked off the island.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 06:51:36 AM »
But male and female differences are just cultural and stuff!

What is the point of having a Ranger school, anyway? Can't people just identify as Rangers, and be done with it?

Personally, I self-identify as Superman. Unfortunately, there's a lode of Kryptonite hidden around here, so I can't manifest my latent super powers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 06:58:45 AM »

I disagree.

Remember Renee Richards, the transsexual women's tennis player of a couple of decades ago? She started off life as Richard Alpert, and as a male played varsity tennis at Yale. There was a lot of resistance to allowing her to compete as a woman because of the fear that, despite gender reassignment surgery and hormones, she was still stronger physically. In a recent interview, Dr. Richards confirmed that this was, in fact, true. She said that, in retrospect, it wasn't fair for her to have competed in the women's circuit.

And, more recently, we have an opposite example -- the girl who was recruited to Harvard as a swimmer and who is a national record holder as a female, but she identifies as a male. So far she has had her boobs removed and is taking male hormones, but has not undergone gender reassignment therapy. She now competes as a member of the men's swim team -- where she is not especially competitive.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 08:58:10 AM »
Right? Because being stronger, faster, and more fit has no place in special operations, and they give out participation medals for coming in 2nd place.  ;/
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama