Author Topic: Last of the Women Wash Out of Ranger School  (Read 19070 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Last of the Women Wash Out of Ranger School
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2015, 04:20:09 PM »
I still have yet to see any indication that any standards were lowered for this.

Perhaps their classmates will tell a different story once they get out into the field, but if so I'd expect us (folks in the Army) to know that about as quickly as the details of Bergdahl's leaving.  Which is to say so fast it used quantum commo gear.

Until I see such indications, I'm going to assume they passed the real thing, and offer my congratulations to them.  I wouldn't want to go through that *expletive deleted*it.

Agreed.  My point was that I had hoped that the current .mil and .gov would let it go and not grandstand on the occasion.  Silly me.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2015, 04:31:44 PM »
Agreed.  My point was that I had hoped that the current .mil and .gov would let it go and not grandstand on the occasion.  Silly me.

I'm trying to come up with suitable "silly rabbit, Trix are for kids line" but nothing fits right, just like our contemporary political climate.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2015, 05:19:58 PM »
You'll be a lot happier that way. ;)

Been working for me for nigh on thirty years.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »
1. I am not going to hold the malfeasance, bad faith, and whatnot of spineless, morally corrupt, and cowardly brass against these women.  Yes, one would hope that they would have the integrity to call it off if they smelled a rat and/or preferential treatment.  But given that they were likely not infantry and had little conception of the level of suck that can be experienced before they went to Ranger School, they may not have been able to detect preferential treatment.

2. The likelihood of these two women recycling twice at Benning (for a total of three fun filled cracks at Darby) and then making it through Dahlonega is very, very small.  The spirit might have been willing, but I doubt the body would have managed it given they were already at a steep disadvantage walking through the door muscle mass, bone mass, and PT-wise.  Before recycling twice.  And then doing swamp in Florida. 

3. I suspect the whole class got an easier time of it to help keep the accusations of preferential treatment to a minimum.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2015, 07:24:20 PM »
2. The likelihood of these two women recycling twice at Benning (for a total of three fun filled cracks at Darby) and then making it through Dahlonega is very, very small.  The spirit might have been willing, but I doubt the body would have managed it given they were already at a steep disadvantage walking through the door muscle mass, bone mass, and PT-wise.  Before recycling twice.  And then doing swamp in Florida. 

I would have bet you money at least one of the three that made it to Mountains would have dropped due to injury.  It sounds like the third one was recycled or dropped due to performance, not medical issues.  Though I haven't heard much about them yet.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2015, 09:32:56 PM »

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2015, 10:43:53 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/18/politics/women-navy-seals-report/index.html

The end is nigh!!!!   
bob

I doubt the ladies would get   past "hell week" without ringing the bell.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2015, 05:28:40 AM »
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2015, 09:32:15 AM »
Saw a story on HLN this morning which named the two women...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/18/politics/women-graduate-army-ranger-course/

Here is another article with a photo of Lt. Haver and Captain Griest. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/meet-female-soldiers-graduate-army-ranger-school-article-1.2330545

What I found interesting this morning were the comments about the fact that they graduated Ranger school, but aren't being slotted to the 75th Reg.  Looks like the public by and large equates graduating Ranger school with being sent to the 75th, not realizing how Ranger tabs being awarded does not mean that the soldier is being sent to the 75th, and that completion of the course is often followed by being sent back to your original unit, especially for officers.  Many of the comments were along the lines of "they passed the test, let them do the job." A quick check verified that women are still not eligible for pure combat arms positions in the US Military.  Looks like America remember this.  Must think that the GI Jane was realistic. 
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2015, 09:40:59 PM »
I know some folks connected with RTB. They say there were no shortcuts.

Recycles, even multiples, are pretty frequent in Ranger school. That they recycled multiple times and still made it is not unusual.

I believe, until presented with evidence otherwise, that these Soldiers earned their tabs, and that the very competent and professional RIs held them to the same standard as anyone else
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog