Author Topic: Cruz Derangement Syndrome  (Read 12917 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: Cruz Derangement Syndrome
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2016, 06:24:09 PM »
Never said I believed him or supported him. His bullshit is the same as the BS Cruz, Rubio, Carson and Kasich are spewing, just a different flavor.
Cruz, Kasich,and Rubio at least have some conservative credentials, Trump does not.
None are perfect, though Cruz got my support when he was willing to give the iowan ethanol interests the finger- Trump politically fellated them, promising more ethanol mandates...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2016, 06:40:46 PM »
I look at Trump as a flamboyant circus sideshow geek, stirring up the proletariat by biting the heads of the establishment's chickens.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2016, 07:03:55 PM »

Oh stop.  ;/  No one thought that "Bush Derangement Syndrome" or "Obama Derangement Syndrome" were diagnoses of actual mental illness. 's funny. I actually started this thread after seeing a Trump supporter on another forum decrying the anti-Trump "hysteria" of Republicans that weren't all-in for the Donald.

Personally, it's not sullying the angel that bothers me, in and of itself. What boggles, what mystifies, what rankles; is that people like you and I have been saying for several years that we wanted the GOP to run an actual "small-government" or "conservative" or "real" Republican candidate. Yet here we are, staring at the closest to that we're likely to see in our lifetime, and some of us are tearing down the "angel," and instead pushing someone who is nowhere close to being that kind of Republican. Someone who's only recently begun pretending to be a Republican. I don't think reason explains that.

I can explain it for you, as I have several times, but I can not understand it for you(1).  It boils down to seeing the same potful of data and assigning different weights to them while processing them through a different set of priorities.  Do you have a similarly difficult time following the reasoning charby used to end up voting for Rubio? 

Also, how is it "tearing down" Cruz by repeating words he spoke willingly from his own mouth, no duress?  And repeating documented fact such as his loan from Goldman-Sachs. 

Cruz is nowhere near the "close enough" conservative. Not even in he same solar system. He is an establishment hack, albeit a young one, but still a hack.  If I vote, I will vote for the republican candidate, not for them, but against the democrat.

Well, Cruz is not just that.  He is smart, driven, and has good political instincts.  But yes, he is a hack who has always been a party man and not much else.  Still, better than average and better than the not-as-bright Rubio.

A few levels down the political food chain is a sharp fellow related to my wife at a couple removes by marriage.  Smart guy, a few years younger than my wife and I.  Majored in poli-sci, went to law school, got on the staff of some senator or representative who had just retired or lost re-election.  We were at dinner and he was talking about getting a lawyer-job, but was conflicted.  No one was hiring him because he had told too many people he was going to run for some office next year.  He asked what he ought to do.  I told him I would not likely vote for someone with his CV, even if we were on the same page, politically, because he had never done anything particularly useful, challenging, or character building.  I told him his best bet was to get a job, start a business, make a payroll, enlist in the Reserves of NG, get his kids through college.  The run for office in 25 years.  He was not overjoyed to hear my advice.

Maybe if Cruz had done something, anything, other than serve his own ambition his entire adult life I would say, "Nope, throwing the dice on Trump just is not worth it."  I dunno.  As it is, I would say that, credential-wise, Cruz in 2016 is on par with Obama in 2008.  OK, I will give Cruz the edge due to his work as TX solicitor general.  By all reports, he performed that task with skill.

(1) One piece of information that may help is that the GOP base voted for folk saying the same things Cruz says, elected enough of them to give over an entire branch of gov't to the GOP and the folk we voted into power accomplished...what?  They had/have all the power they need. Yet they do not use it.  After a while, a rational man must come to the conclusion that they do not actually want to do what they say.  Giving such folk yet another branch of gov't with which they will do nothing to solve our nation's problems hardly seems worth the bother.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2016, 07:28:25 PM »

(1) One piece of information that may help is that the GOP base voted for folk saying the same things Cruz says, elected enough of them to give over an entire branch of gov't to the GOP and the folk we voted into power accomplished...what?  They had/have all the power they need. Yet they do not use it.  After a while, a rational man must come to the conclusion that they do not actually want to do what they say.  Giving such folk yet another branch of gov't with which they will do nothing to solve our nation's problems hardly seems worth the bother.

^This.

Rubio is the perfect example of this. Hell, IIRC Kasich even supported and voted for the 94 AWB. Why did kasich have a change of heart?  He's wanting to get elected. They all are. The all lie. If their lips are moving, *expletive deleted*it is comming out. Especially Cruz.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 07:46:01 PM by Battle Monkey of Zardoz »
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2016, 09:49:35 PM »
Also, how is it "tearing down" Cruz by repeating words he spoke willingly from his own mouth, no duress?  And repeating documented fact such as his loan from Goldman-Sachs. 

How? It's when you follow it up with this:

Well, Cruz is not just that.  He is smart, driven, and has good political instincts.  But yes, he is a hack who has always been a party man and not much else.  Still, better than average and better than the not-as-bright Rubio.

Typical primary nonsense. It's not enough to just say why your guy is better. We always have to sabotage the other candidates, even when they might end up being the nominee.

Maybe if Cruz had done something, anything, other than serve his own ambition his entire adult life...

Yeah, it's not like winning cases (or filing amicus briefs) with the Supreme Court ever helped anybody. It's not as if keeping a Democrat out of the White House (2000) might have been helpful to anybody. (Maybe didn't turn out that great in hindsight, but you can't blame Cruz for that.)

And what's Trump best known for? His selfless service to the common good? ???

One piece of information that may help is that the GOP base voted for folk saying the same things Cruz says, elected enough of them to give over an entire branch of gov't to the GOP and the folk we voted into power accomplished...what?  They had/have all the power they need. Yet they do not use it.  After a while, a rational man must come to the conclusion that they do not actually want to do what they say.  Giving such folk yet another branch of gov't with which they will do nothing to solve our nation's problems hardly seems worth the bother.

This would make sense to me if you were talking about other Congressfolk. Wouldn't electing Cruz to the big chair show every other half-way ambitious Republican that fighting the Democrats pays off? Wouldn't that teach the Congressional GOP to grow a spine?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2016, 12:03:09 AM »

(1) One piece of information that may help is that the GOP base voted for folk saying the same things Cruz says, elected enough of them to give over an entire branch of gov't to the GOP and the folk we voted into power accomplished...what?  They had/have all the power they need. Yet they do not use it.  After a while, a rational man must come to the conclusion that they do not actually want to do what they say.  Giving such folk yet another branch of gov't with which they will do nothing to solve our nation's problems hardly seems worth the bother.

If I recall correctly, Cruz didn't "Go along to get along."  He actively did (and called our his fellow R's who didn't) do everything in his power to stop Obama.   IIRC, he shut down the .gov prior to the O-care roll-out to try to stop it.   He has filibusted, voted against and tried every parliamentary trick in the Senate book to try and stop the CRs, Obamacare, "Immigration Reform", and Obamamnesty for Kids, and all of Obama's other attempts to shred the Constitution and the GoAlong Republicans.   Yet you lump him in with them?? 

All I know is that actions speak louder then words and he has consistently stood up to stop the shredding of the Constitution and Obama (and the Goalong R's) power grasping over-reach.

Trump is a giant windbag and the consummate beltway insider, but hey he talks a good game so I'll place all my Hopey-Changey dreams in him. 

Enjoy the Trump-Aid....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2016, 04:36:24 AM »
There's a lot of *expletive deleted*ing straight up crack smoking going on in this thread....
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2016, 09:44:26 AM »
roo_ster and BMofZ are Trump supporters.  The have little good to say about the man (other than Wallz!), but have spent a great deal of time and energy attacking Cruz and others.  The funny part is just about every subject they are attacking Cruz on, Trump is guilty of the same thing often worse. 

Trump wasn't a politician taking money for favors, but he was part of that system.  He was feeding Democrats money for favors.  He was part of the "moneyed interests" helping manipulate politicians.  On top of it, over the last 10 or 15 years, he was giving money to top politicians helping them screw us over. 

Lastly, Trump doesn't support Obamacare, but he wants to go further to a single payer Canadian health care system.  Won't that be fun. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2016, 11:11:31 AM »
There's a lot of *expletive deleted*ing straight up crack smoking going on in this thread....

Be gentle with the Cruz supporters.  They seem a bit sensitive and are not enjoying this primary race nearly as much as I am.

fistful, the ongoing game of responding to your queries and receiving calumny in return is getting somewhat tiresome.

fistful: How can it be?
roo_ster: This way
fistful: Rant.
Fistful: It makes no sense!   Show me the sense!
roo_ster: Explains.
fistful: Cruz derangement syndrome.
fistful: I can not fathom the reason!
roo_ster: Explains reasons, both particular and general case.
fistful: Stop tearing my man down with primary nonsense.

At this point, you either understand (though may not agree with) the logic and can make the case for Trump your own self or you will never have the capacity.  For my own part, I could make a case for Cruz.  If Cruz wins GOPPOTUS nomination I may do just that.  I can do either without assuming anger, derangement, or whining that the supporters of the other candidate are being mean to my guy.

And, for the record:
1. Elective office is self-serving.
2. Appointed office is self-serving
3. Civil service job is self-serving.
Unless any of the above three are weighted down with UCMJ consequences (Long Course at Ft Leavenworth if quit, can be ordered to risk life where refusal can mean court martial & death) they are self serving.  ALL are more self-serving than providing a product or service to someone in the marketplace.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2016, 11:20:27 AM »
What if Cruz loses in Texas?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2016, 11:26:10 AM »
It must be roo_ster's first time disagreeing with anybody, ever. This is what it looks like, roo. I'll quit "whining," if you quit whining about the fact that I think you're nuts.

Well, that will have nothing to do with the FUD spread by the Trump supporters. Nothing at all. Why do I "whine" so much about it? It's not like it ruins our chances of getting the first decent president since Reagan. ???

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2016, 11:36:16 AM »
It must be roo_ster's first time disagreeing with anybody, ever. This is what it looks like, roo. I'll quit "whining," if you quit whining about the fact that I think you're nuts.

So you do not have the capacity to understand the logic and therefore claim it is black magic insanity?

I think it would be a severe enough blow to knock him out.  [The big surprise vis a vis Trmp vs Cruz is the "Evangelical" vote going for Trump.  An examination of that phenomenon would be helpful when explaining Trump's success thus far in the primary season.]

For my own part, I would prefer Rubio lose Florida to Trump and Cruz to win Texas. 

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2016, 11:39:13 AM »
So you do not have the capacity to understand the logic and therefore claim it is black magic insanity?

Calumny! Calumny!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Re: Cruz Derangement Syndrome
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2016, 12:35:49 PM »
If he does, we're ALL screwed.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2016, 12:37:43 PM »
If he does, we're ALL screwed.....

We're screwed anyways, just a matter of how long

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2016, 01:22:31 PM »

Calumny! Calumny!

It is a question, not an accusation.

Here, you get cheese for trying, though:

A soft cheese that gets limp & runny when heat is applied.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2016, 01:25:47 PM »
Trump is the walking definition of Crony Capitalist.   If it looks like he'll get the nomination, the GOPe will begin to work with him and bring him into the fold.   Trump won't blow up the GOPe, he'll strengthen it and become a part of it.    And he'll sell out (he's a businessman remember)to GOPe even before he swears the oath of office.   You know The Art of the Deal, he's not going to confront the GOPe, He's going to sell out the American people for a pat on the head.

And I disagree about public service being self serving.  Quite few people go into it to make a difference, especially when they run for office.  Some want raw power (Clinton, Trump) others are True Believers and want to make a difference (Cruz, Sanders).  

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2016, 04:04:04 PM »
Replace hope and change with make america great again, and Trump is pretty well using the same play book as Obama did. Preaching useless BS tailor written to the crowd he's visiting that day, which is often in direct conflict with a wide open and out there track record. And in much the same way, the mob is eating it up and will end up with food poisoning later. Just a little different mob with a little different tastes. About the only real difference is his party is trying to torpedo him instead of embracing him.

And all this when running against a guy that is pretty well what we've all been screaming for over several election cycles, who actually had a good chance until folks got all dreamy eyed.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2016, 04:38:36 PM »
Replace hope and change with make america great again, and Trump is pretty well using the same play book as Obama did. Preaching useless BS tailor written to the crowd he's visiting that day, which is often in direct conflict with a wide open and out there track record. And in much the same way, the mob is eating it up and will end up with food poisoning later. Just a little different mob with a little different tastes. About the only real difference is his party is trying to torpedo him instead of embracing him.

And all this when running against a guy that is pretty well what we've all been screaming for over several election cycles, who actually had a good chance until folks got all dreamy eyed.

Pretty much. Now why would anyone voice the tiniest complaint about that, I wonder? Why would anyone find that less than reasonable? How could this be?

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2016, 05:58:03 PM »
It's hopeless guys.  Roo_ster has heard they Siren call of the Donald so all the logic and reasoning in the world will not work.   If perhaps, Trump does win it all, when he appoints the first same-sex married couple to his cabinet and doubles the funding for Planned Parenthood, we can come back to these threads and re-visit Roo_ster pronouncements.

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2016, 05:59:23 PM »
Trump is an amoral, philandering windbag, with no moral compass, and no idealogical core values.  Berlesconi with (marginally) better English, and worse hair.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2016, 06:21:37 PM »
It's hopeless guys.  Roo_ster has heard they Siren call of the Donald so all the logic and reasoning in the world will not work.   If perhaps, Trump does win it all, when he appoints the first same-sex married couple to his cabinet and doubles the funding for Planned Parenthood, we can come back to these threads and re-visit Roo_ster pronouncements.

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]
Great scot would you all man up a bit instead of running around with your skirts pulled over your heads?

You all are embarassing yourselves with your hysterics.  Get a grip or turn in your man cards.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2016, 06:35:44 PM »
I think Cruz shold run for governor of Texas, then try for president again after a few terms as governor.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2016, 07:06:45 PM »
I think Cruz shold run for governor of Texas, then try for president again after a few terms as governor.

Like Rubio did?  ;)
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2016, 07:48:50 PM »

Or Trump....

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.