Author Topic: Police One calls concealed/open carriers "a valuable resource."  (Read 730 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
An active, coordinated response to a TAS incident is vital to protecting the public. Government and LE are part of the response plan. CCW are also a factor in the response and I recommend they be included as a necessary part of any response strategy. Treat them as a valuable, volunteer resource and not a necessary evil. They will most likely be the "first responders" to a TAS incident in areas where CCW or open carry is legal. This requires a change of mindset, strategy and training to prevail.

The Value of CCW First Responders
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 10:17:46 PM »
Good things to think about.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Re: Police One calls concealed/open carriers "a valuable resource."
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 03:36:26 AM »
So now the might like us. Maybe we can get them to help us get national CCW reciprocity. Wait...didn't work out well last time.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Police One calls concealed/open carriers "a valuable resource."
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 07:41:12 AM »
So now the might like us. Maybe we can get them to help us get national CCW reciprocity. Wait...didn't work out well last time.

That didn't work out last time because they had no intention of helping us. They lied to us when they asked for our help in getting the LEOSA law passed. We stepped up to the plate and helped, after which ... crickets. The cops threw the rest of us under the bus.

Just one more reason why I'll never trust a cop.

They didn't help us last time because they had gotten what they wanted and they didn't need us; they didn't see any benefit to them from helping private citizens get national carry reciprocity. If they begin to see a benefit to themselves, they may reverse course and help. But if they do, it will be because they see it as helping them, not because they want to help us.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design