Author Topic: Who's an NCAA March Madness fan?  (Read 1117 times)

dm1333

• friend
Who's an NCAA March Madness fan?
« on: March 27, 2011, 01:09:37 AM »
Man!!!!!

UConn and Butler?  I was born and raised in CT so it is only natural that I'm a Husky fan but really.......... 9 games in a row?  And Butler has won 13?????????

Who are the basketball fans out here and what are your predictions for the Final Four? 

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Who's an NCAA March Madness fan?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 01:50:15 AM »
SWMBO is from North Carolina, so March Madness is in full swing at our place with just her alone.  She yells and screams at the TV in support of UNC so loudly that you can hear her outside.  I am waiting for a passerby to call the cops to come haul my butt away, thinking I'm beating my wife.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 10:59:51 AM »
Your President?  :laugh:
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 11:17:28 AM »
I am. Friday was tough when my Golden Eagles lost to UNC, but it was exciting being in Cleveland with the team (I play in the Marquette University pep band).
Andy

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 05:24:55 PM »
UConn and Butler?  I was born and raised in CT so it is only natural that I'm a Husky fan but really..........

Not born, but raised in Connecticut. And I am NOT a UConn fan. The collective IQ of the entire starting team for any UConn team over the past ten or fifteen years probably doesn't get out of single digits. My brother says he can ALWAYS tell when a college basketball player being interviewed is from UConn, because of how dumb they are.

Of course, the game the college men (and pros) play isn't really basketball at all, anyway, so I just don't watch. If you want good basketball, watch the UConn women.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 12:30:16 AM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Lee

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 05:52:06 PM »
Only a fan when the playoffs start.  I'll take UK Wildcats.

P5 Guy

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 01:03:41 PM »
Not me.
Basketball bores me as does golf, tennis, football (both types), baseball. Now when the Frozen Four starts I'll be watching.
 [popcorn]

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 10:55:52 PM »
Not born, but raised in Connecticut. And I am NOT a UConn fan. The collective IQ of the entire starting team for any UConn team over the past ten or fifteen years probably doesn't get out of single digits. My brother says he can ALWAYS tell when a college basketball player being interviewed is from UConn, because of how dumb they are.

Of course, the game the college men (and pros) play isn't really basketball at all, anyway, so I just don't watch. If you want good basketball, watch the UConn women.

UConn women's team... ahh, the bane of Big East women's basketball. Yeah, we're used to it at Marquette being beat up by them every year. I do like women's NCAA basketball. Far less commercialized, and darn good playing a lot of the time.
Andy

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 11:44:13 PM »
Suck it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all you UConn, single digit IQ, the BB team is really dumb haters, maybe, but they can play some ball!

I was on edge the whole second half, and Butler had a really good game!  Monday I'm going to be rooting for the Huskies but if they lose to Butler, well......, hail mary!  This has been one of the most interesting NCAA tournaments ever!