Author Topic: Study shows gun shows have no effect on homicides, suicides  (Read 1148 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Study shows gun shows have no effect on homicides, suicides
« on: October 02, 2008, 01:37:03 PM »
A joint University of Michigan/University of Maryland study shows that gun shows have no effect on homicide or suicide rates. That doesn't stop the anti's from disputing the study. The Brady Bunch's Helmke's statements in the article below border on the hilarious.

Article here.

BridgeRunner

• friend
Re: Study shows gun shows have no effect on homicides, suicides
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 04:56:43 PM »
Article is wrong.  Michigan has no waiting period to buy a gun.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 08:22:18 PM »
California's 10 day wait is actually 11 days. Since regulations say the wait has to be down to the minute, gun stores just make you wait an extra day to avoid the tedious calculations.
T-minus 8 days until I can pick up my 10/22s.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 08:30:22 PM »
"The AFT comes into our shows and monitors us all the time," said Doug Carl, head of Sport Show Promotions. "
grin rolleyes
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."