Author Topic: MEDIA HOAX: #NationalSchoolWalkout That Never Was…  (Read 683 times)

MechAg94

• friend
MEDIA HOAX: #NationalSchoolWalkout That Never Was…
« on: April 23, 2018, 10:49:40 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY3VO7WqfXs
Steven Crowder put this up today.  Just how big the anti-gun school walk outs were is something I haven't seen talked about anywhere else. 

I guess it doesn't surprise me.  The anti-gun movement has mostly had more funds than people, but they people they have are loud and always get good media coverage.  Any thoughts?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

freakazoid

• friend
Re: MEDIA HOAX: #NationalSchoolWalkout That Never Was…
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 12:59:15 AM »
Not surprised. Read a few articles that are about some brave student willing to walk out even though they are the only person at the school who is, and I'm betting that pretty much all schools are like that where only one or two, or none, walk out. But the media doesn't cover those, or cover it in that manner, and tries to pass it off like it's some nation wide thing happening at all schools.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 01:17:32 AM »

An 11-year-old 6th grade boy at Parkland Middle School in El Paso, Texas, was hit and killed by a pick-up truck while crossing a major highway during the National School Walkout on Friday.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/04/11-year-old-6th-grade-boy-hit-killed-by-vehicle-during-anti-gun-national-school-walkout-in-el-paso/
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 08:43:34 AM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/04/11-year-old-6th-grade-boy-hit-killed-by-vehicle-during-anti-gun-national-school-walkout-in-el-paso/

And of course, this doesn't get major media coverage.

The school organizes a walkout and then loses track of the children in its care during the walkout. One of those children is killed crossing a major highway.

Nothing about this recklessness in the national news at all.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 09:09:29 AM »
The one point Crowder made about more kids walking out to cut class at many schools is probably true.  I was thinking a number of kids used to cut last period among other classes when I was in high school.  Some days the number was likely as high as during this protest.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 09:14:22 AM »

I am of two minds:  On one hand, the school had an organized event and then failed to keep track of the students.  On the other hand, the kids cut out and had to climb a wall according to the story and cross a major high way (I am sure they used a cross walk).  At some point, the kids become responsible.  They aren't supposed to be prisoners.