Author Topic: 21  (Read 1335 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
« on: April 02, 2007, 07:03:43 AM »
Years old.

Finally.  It's nice to be able to enjoy the benefits of being an adult (buying handguns); and not just the responsibilities granted an 18 yrs old. (Legal liability for one's actions)

Alright.  I'm ready to stop getting older.  grin

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: 21
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 07:11:48 AM »
It's all down hill from there, Nick.   grin
Seriously, congratulations on reaching that milestone.  It is an important one to most folks.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 07:20:46 AM »
Happy B-day. Have a drink for me.  grin

Just under another two years and I can start on my handgun collection.  smiley
Andy

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 09:33:52 AM »
Just remember, even at 21 you're STILL too young to become a congresscritter or President . . .  grin
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 10:24:35 AM »
But not a State Representative!  Vote for Nick!

Happy Birthday.  So, going to close down Chumley's?  Troll for sorority girls at Neon Cactus?
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

casselthief

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 10:45:46 AM »
25.  That's the magic age.  Your insurance goes down.  You're old enough to know better, yet young enough to do it again.

and handguns....

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 11:11:57 AM »
25.  That's the magic age.  Your insurance goes down.  You're old enough to know better, yet young enough to do it again.

and handguns....

When I turned twenty-five, a forty-something friend told me my body was going to start going down-hill.  And she was right!  Then again, you'd expect an old maid to say that sort of thing.   undecided
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 02:04:10 PM »
21? I turned 42 today. Made me think about a lot of things...

My 21st birthday was celebrated in the US Army. I was a SGT E-5. My hardcore, grizzled Viet Nam vet Platoon Sergeant thought it was funny when I jokingly told him that the US Army gave me the day off.

He made me do 21 pushups. In front of everyone.

I'll never be as in shape or have as much hair as I did 21 years ago.

I was finally legal to drink in the USA; however, where and when I grew up, Wisconsin was only a few miles away. Their drinking age was 18, which means you started drinking at 16. Everyone in Minnesota knew someone who was 18, so...

Now, a hangover lasts two days. I don't (ok, can't) drink or get drunk as much as I used to. It's too hard on me.

Watch the alcohol use. Don't do one of those 21 shot power hour things. It's killed some 21 year olds. Have a good time, be safe, and don't drink and drive. You don't need a DUI on your driving record. Keep your car insurance rates as low as possible. Pay off debts and start saving for retirement. When I was 21, age 60 seemed so far away. Now it's less than 20 years away. Time goes fast.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 05:43:01 PM »
"When I was 21, age 60 seemed so far away. Now it's less than 20 years away."

Sheesh. It's less than four years away for me.

Nick1911, you're at the best age a guy could ever be. You can start saving so that you can retire, you can now plan your career, you can plan your life. And you're at that particular age where you at the very least know how to make the most of relationships.

I would consider selling my soul to the Devil to be 21 again.

Don't screw it up.

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 04:12:31 AM »
Alright.  I'm ready to stop getting older.

Heh. Just wait; you'll look back in a couple years and go, "How did I get to be 38 so quickly?"
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 08:59:26 AM »
I turned 25 last month, and I'm starting to wonder how I got so damn old.  A quarter century...

casselthief

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 09:40:15 AM »

and handguns....

When I turned twenty-five, a forty-something friend told me my body was going to start going down-hill.  And she was right!  Then again, you'd expect an old maid to say that sort of thing.   undecided
yeah, I got taken advantage of by a 40yr old, too, when I turned 25....

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 09:41:22 AM »
Uh, no.   undecided
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife