Author Topic: Gorram Shiny Stuff  (Read 497 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Gorram Shiny Stuff
« on: June 24, 2021, 04:10:02 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Gorram Shiny Stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 04:25:50 PM »
Nice
β€œIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 07:21:27 PM »
That did it! Now I have to watch the whole series again!  [popcorn]

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 07:32:56 PM »
It's actually been a couple of years since I last watched the whole season. I need to do that again too.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 10:48:59 PM »
Can you get it for free somewhere?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 03:42:47 AM »
Want Blanton's...
Blog under construction

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 10:52:12 AM »

Not really. Hulu has it, you'll get ads if you haven't paid for a subscription. I imagine it's available on Disney+ as well, but that requires a paid subscription also. DVDs is the way to go.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2021, 11:10:51 AM »
One disc down, three to go, then the movie "Serenity" to cap it off.

Gotta watch it all at least once a year ...  [popcorn]

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2021, 11:25:36 AM »
Ha ha - I just popped disc 1 in the DVD player last night. It has been long enough since i last watched it that it's not feeling repetitive. I can't believe we're going on 20 years now since it debuted.

My only negative rewatching it now is that jackass Whedon. I'm usually pretty good about separating out Hollywood politics from shows that I like, and back in the day giving Whedon credit for being a liberal who wrote such a great libertarian show. Now that he's been fully exposed as the disgusting blob that he is, as  I watch episodes, I find myself continually thinking, "I can't believe this was written by that slimeball".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2021, 04:47:15 PM »

It's a libertarian show - so no.   =) and [ar15]
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife