Author Topic: Obama doesn't like people.  (Read 1754 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Obama doesn't like people.
« on: November 04, 2012, 02:39:00 PM »
Neera Tanden, a former top aide, recently told New York magazine that the president is “not close to almost anyone,” adding, “It’s stunning that he’s in politics, because he really doesn’t like people.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/disdain_is_the_stain_on_obama_IsRZEZQXJosGVA4qt2J9zL?utm_campaign=OutbrainA&utm_source=OutbrainArticlepages&obref=obinsite

Article about how Obama isn't a people person and doesn't talk to anyone. I'm starting to like him.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Obama doesn't like people.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 04:52:50 PM »
When I see him give a speech, I am reminded of Il Duce. His nose is always in the air and I half expect him to give that backhanded wave.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 05:52:31 PM »
Obama doesn't like people.

Which isn't a great loss because real people don't like Obama.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 06:26:05 PM »
And this is news? He's a narcissistic sociopath. Not liking other people is a given.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 06:32:48 PM »
And this is news? He's a narcissistic sociopath. Not liking other people is a given.

Give the author a break. He's obviously not a quick study, since he both voted for Obama in 2008, and admits it now. A smart man would do neither.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 06:37:10 PM »
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 11:14:06 PM »
Give the author a break. He's obviously not a quick study, since he both voted for Obama in 2008, and admits it now. A smart man would do neither.

Bullschnitz!  He made a mistake, owned up to it and has been actively campaigning against the prez.  That is what I call a good democrat!

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 01:47:19 PM »
>When I see him give a speech, I am reminded of Il Duce<

Glad I'm not the only one who sees that similarity
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 02:02:03 PM »
People are useful, a means, not an end.  He decided on that a long, long time ago, probably he was wondering why he'd been abandoned by both parents...
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 03:09:47 PM »
>When I see him give a speech, I am reminded of Il Duce<

Glad I'm not the only one who sees that similarity

My stomach isn't strong enough to watch.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 03:24:17 PM »
My stomach isn't strong enough to watch or listen anymore.

Fixed that for me. Can't stand watching or listening to him anymore.

I don't understand. how. people. can. think his delivery with random. pauses. as. he speaks is good. I got very annoyed with this schtick EARLY on. (In addition to his overuse of multiple catch-phrases: "Let me be clear" "Some say" etc...)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 04:27:11 PM »

I don't understand. how. people. can. think his delivery with random. pauses. as. he speaks is good. I got very annoyed with this schtick EARLY on. (In addition to his overuse of multiple catch-phrases: "Let me be clear" "Some say" etc...)

"My fellow Americans ..."

:lol:

(old fart joke  ;) )
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 05:18:01 PM »
"Obama loves the poor, he's created millions more."
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 08:40:27 PM »

100% agreement. Don't forget "yuh-oh," which is his nervous stammer pronunciation of "you know."

I've actually never listened or watched for more than a few seconds at a time, at least not since sometime in 2008. I soured on him early. With Clinton, it was just the last couple of years of his presidency. Out of power, I can listen to him again.