Author Topic: Happy Derping Fellow Americans  (Read 3943 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Happy Derping Fellow Americans
« on: November 06, 2012, 06:25:10 AM »
Good morning.

This is a thread to share your election day experience, whatever that may be.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Happy Derping Fellow Americans
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 07:08:14 AM »
Oh man I can't wait to get to my computer. Had an interesting voting experience just now
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 07:38:21 AM »
The wife and I will be heading out to vote in a few minutes. Get it done early the hit the diner across the street for some breakfast.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 07:44:38 AM »
Wife and I were 15th in line when polls opened. There was probably 150 people waiting when we left. Now off to work just like any other day.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 07:45:11 AM »
The cold was messing with my ability to breathe, so did curbside voting.  A bit of a wait (not excessive by any means) to get someone out to me.  They took last year's voter registration card (we got new ones a few months ago) inside to do the marking of the poll, then a whole entourage came out to present my ballot to me.  They all but held hands forming a protective peremeter around me as I filled in the little ovals.  The completed ballot was carried in aloft on the hands of a very nice little old lady who did not see the humor in my saying I had seven more precincts to cover before lunch.  Musta been a Republican.

Besides the two constitutional questions in Virginia everything else was the-not-as-evil-as-the-other-guy choices.  I probably should go scrub down with lye and bleach.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 07:49:13 AM »
Alright

So I go into my polling place today, and it's pretty crowded. On the way in, there was a small cluster of obama/biden signs just past the limit marker. And a WHOLE LOT of romney/ryan signs, that ran all the way down the street.

Some dude started ranting and raving about how it was "bullshit" that there were so many romney signs, and that the "*expletive deleted*in GOP IS STEALIN THIS ELECTION AGAIN"

LOL

What a joke.
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 07:52:16 AM »
Has MSNBC called it for Obama yet?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 08:03:03 AM »
Has MSNBC called it for Obama yet?

No, that'll be in about an hour.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 08:11:24 AM »
7.10, local time, and this place is pretty busy.

Turns out my wife also wrote in Herman Cain. I blame myself.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 08:34:20 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 08:51:17 AM »
No, that'll be in about an hour.

:rofl:  :rofl:
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 09:12:06 AM »
Very small voting location for our 'hood. 
No poll watchers.  No NBBP. 
Intentionally wore a USMC tshirt and USMC hat, just to see if anyone would be stupid enough to *expletive deleted*ck with me.

No line, but had to wait about 2 minutes for a machine to open up.

Voted LP for president.  Easy choice since I don't live in a battle ground state.

Any race that was contested R/D/L/G I voted (R).
About half a dozen were only R/L or R/L/G.  Voted L in all those.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 09:45:20 AM »
Very small voting location for our 'hood. 
No poll watchers.  No NBBP. 
Intentionally wore a USMC tshirt and USMC hat, just to see if anyone would be stupid enough to *expletive deleted* with me.

No line, but had to wait about 2 minutes for a machine to open up.

Voted LP for president.  Easy choice since I don't live in a battle ground state.

Any race that was contested R/D/L/G I voted (R).
About half a dozen were only R/L or R/L/G.  Voted L in all those.

That's my plan, too.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

lysander6

• Ragnaroks!
  • Gun Control is Mind Control.
    • ZeroGov
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 09:51:36 AM »
Took my Dad (he is 86 and lives with me) to vote this morning at 0600 at the fire station.  No incidents and about 10 people in front of him.

I am a non-voter so I just waited for him.  He marked for Romney since he said he won't vote for Obama again.  He then marked no for every tax increase and they are legion.
" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 09:59:15 AM »
I'm experimenting with non-voting this year for the first time.  I'm going to follow through with it and see how my conscience does with it.  There's a lot of props in various parts of AZ for state/county/city tax changes that I haven't read up on all of them, and I don't have any more time to do so.

However, I am driving my friend to the polls (she had knee surgery and is still in recovery).  She's Libertarian/Republican in her choices, so she's likely to be anti-tax and pro-Gary Johnson in her results.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 10:02:51 AM »
By not voting you're making a choice.  Consider that.  And no, I wouldn't dare try to convince you not to vote for candidates that most closely line up with your beliefs and values. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 10:07:26 AM »
My biggest gripe if obama wins will be the legions of GOP voters who (ignoring how well RP was doing head to head against obama) blame third party voters for choosing who they believe in.

Rather than, I dunno, holding the CANDIDATE responsible for not appealing to the VOTERS
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 10:19:59 AM »
Our voting places opened at 7:00AM, and I was there for it.  A pretty respectable line out the front door but not really too long.
What really annoyed me is that a few years back my polling place was changed and the current building, while itself plenty large, has hardly any parking.  I had to fight my way through a pretty poorly marked lot.
I did find a place....and when I got out and prepared to leave some lady pulls up behind me and planned to just leave her car out in the lane behind me, blocking me in.  I yelled to her "you're blocking me in!" and she was nice enough to pull back.  I left, and she pulled into my spot, which is fair enough I guess.
If I ever gets my gnarly mitts on whoever changed my polling place ....  :mad: :mad: :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 10:44:21 AM »

8:00 even, ditto.  Church parking lot was, I estimate, about 1/5-1/4 full. 

So, I done voted.  Mostly the choices were more vs. less heinous.  There is a county CCW referrendum I made sure to vote on.  (Advisory, of course, because state law will trump.)  It's worded as "constitutional carry", which for me is code for "just do it".  I thought it curious that it ended up worded like that.  We hall see.

I now have an "I voted" sticker for my EBR.

(Hey, Crimson Trace has an election day sale...)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 10:46:52 AM »

Turns out my wife also wrote in Herman Cain. I blame myself.
I'm curious who you voted for in the Senate race up there.  How is that Repub candidate doing?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 12:17:17 PM »
Voted at 8am, after the 7am rush.  I was the 92nd voter, the largest by 8am I have ever seen.

I voted for romney for potus, did not vote in uncontested elections, voter r if it was r/d or r/d/l, voted l if it was r/l.

I voted for electing the mayor.  
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 12:33:06 PM »
Voted yesterday (to make Waitone hate me) for Romney. Took a long time in line, lots of early voters yesterday.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 12:37:32 PM »
I voted a week ago, it took about 5 minutes.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 12:42:40 PM »
I'm experimenting with non-voting this year for the first time.  I'm going to follow through with it and see how my conscience does with it.  There's a lot of props in various parts of AZ for state/county/city tax changes that I haven't read up on all of them, and I don't have any more time to do so.

However, I am driving my friend to the polls (she had knee surgery and is still in recovery).  She's Libertarian/Republican in her choices, so she's likely to be anti-tax and pro-Gary Johnson in her results.

So are you going to at least cast a blank ballot?
"It's good, though..."

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 12:46:00 PM »
I have voted in all elections for which I am eligible ... I haven't been to a polling place in about 20 years ... I vote via absentee ballot.  Gives me time to study the choices but I wish there was a way to cast a more informed ballot for the judges.
 :cool:
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 12:46:11 PM »
Just got back. I vote at an rural elementary school in BFE Virginia. I seemed to miss the walker crowd this year, and only had to wait for a minute or so for the only open parking space (in a lot of four) for a little old lady to be helped into her car.

No commentary from the peanut gallary, and no, they were not 40 ft from the polling place entrance. In all fairness, that would put them in the woods or at least behind the equitment shed.  :laugh:

No line. No waiting. Took a few minutes to read the constitutional stuff. Voted, lesser of two evils (other then the Presidential, that's about all the options round here)
Almost went LP, then decided that seeing Obama win anything was worse then not trying to change the world.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 12:52:10 PM by APS Diva Goddess Extraordinaire »
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds