Author Topic: Senate, house?  (Read 3435 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Senate, house?
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 02:24:07 PM »
No, you're not, JJ.  There are those who believe we "adapt" to the New Normal, and those who think we withdraw from it.  Those are our options.  The New Normal was orchestrated since the '60s and it is now playing at full volume.  There is no way to honorably adapt to it without losing what is left of our liberty as a people.  If that's wisdom, take it for free and run with it.  I have talked for years on this forum about the momentum of "demographics and culture."  You saw that in full Monty last night. 

There's a lot of truth to this. A lot of folks are saying it's evidence we've hit the "tipping point" of takers vs. producers going over 51% etc. What some on less genteel forums are referring to as the "FSA" or Free S*** Army. 

However, I do think there's a few unique things that contributed to this election that went above and beyond the tipping pont and we are still at the 47% level there.

Race was a factor. One can't look at the various YouTube vids of urban blacks being interviewed about Obama, and having all of Obama's policies switched with the Republican challenger etc. and them agreeing vociferously. Then there was the black preacher movement against Obama over gay marriage and abortion. And the blue-collar unions just felt the GM/UAW bailout was a bigger boon than the Obama downturn in the economy and attack on the energy sector was.  Then there was simple Incumbent inertia devoid of any policy considerations whatsoever.  And I suspect that folks who simply thought turning out our "first black POTUS" after only one term would "look bad" were a factor too.

None of these are significant on their own, but I bet they added up to a point or three in at least some of those swing states.
I promise not to duck.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 02:40:30 PM »
There's a lot of truth to this. A lot of folks are saying it's evidence we've hit the "tipping point" of takers vs. producers going over 51% etc. What some on less genteel forums are referring to as the "FSA" or Free S*** Army. 

However, I do think there's a few unique things that contributed to this election that went above and beyond the tipping pont and we are still at the 47% level there.

Race was a factor. One can't look at the various YouTube vids of urban blacks being interviewed about Obama, and having all of Obama's policies switched with the Republican challenger etc. and them agreeing vociferously. Then there was the black preacher movement against Obama over gay marriage and abortion. And the blue-collar unions just felt the GM/UAW bailout was a bigger boon than the Obama downturn in the economy and attack on the energy sector was.  Then there was simple Incumbent inertia devoid of any policy considerations whatsoever.  And I suspect that folks who simply thought turning out our "first black POTUS" after only one term would "look bad" were a factor too.

None of these are significant on their own, but I bet they added up to a point or three in at least some of those swing states.

My first exposure to the "FSA" term. Interesting. I agree with you, but I will add that I don't have any reason to think the turnout trends which supported Obama will reverse materially by 2016. They will accelerate. So, the FSA vote will be established at 51% or more in 2016. All they need is a champion with sufficient charm and rhetorical ability to sway the media, and we will continue the current slide unabated.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 03:54:19 PM »
back to my theory that if you take money from the .gov, you lose your right to vote!
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 04:13:37 PM »
Okay, I am going to say it, since we're hearing warped echoes of it in the communications ether and in big media:

Whites--yes, the much maligned--are still 70 per cent of the electorate and probably have 90 per cent of the wealth (and skills).  Why would they agree to participate in a political process that compels them to subsidize people who not only claim their labor and treasure but contemn them?  Is it good will? Is it cowardice?  is it ignorance?  Is it indoctrination?

And, secondly, how long will this continue?

I am asking this as point of cultural curiosity, nothing more...

I think last Tuesday may be a wake-up call for a lot of people.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 06:12:36 PM »
Quote from: longeyes
No parables.  We cannot co-exist with the Hard Left.  Not if we want to be free.  Some will fight, some will demand a divorce, some will emigrate, some will go underground, some will "convert."

Thats all I was looking for. 

Don't consider this an attack:
I'd sure like to see specifics on how you think those things will come about. 

Just look at the history of Germany 1918-1945.....a very interesting political evolution....remember, Hitler was elected too....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.