Author Topic: Boeing Layoffs  (Read 3069 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Boeing Layoffs
« on: November 08, 2012, 10:18:54 AM »
Hmm. I wonder how much of an effect this would have had on the election if Boeing announced these layoffs last week instead of yesterday. I seem to recall around a month ago, some stories circulating (not in the MSM) about DOD officials telling .gov contractors to hold off any layoffs until after the election.

http://michellemalkin.com/2012/11/08/you-were-warned-obamas-layoff-bomb-goes-boom/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Boeing Layoffs
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 10:30:49 AM »
They sure didn't waste any time. Maybe they didn't trust Obama on his promise to pay their fines for delaying the announcement until after the election.

I'm sure we won't see any further investigation into the allegations that Obama bribed Boeing to delay the layoff announcement, nor any investigation into the Benghazi attack and the Obama response.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 11:19:57 AM »
Boeing's CEO, Jim McNerney, has a management philosophy that revolves around two principles: layoffs and Six Sigma.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 07:33:27 PM »
Cause and effect.

Same thing happened four years ago with the 787 program, taking me down with it.   =(

Thankfully I'm not in the Bong supply chain anymore.  Supporting regional jets flying in every crappy turd world country is more job secure  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 07:46:44 PM »
Six Sigma. I *expletive deleted*ing hate six sigma. Sig Sigma is one of the banes of my existence.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 07:56:27 PM »
i bailed on the rat race in time to miss it
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 08:08:04 PM »
What is odd is that I can find no mention of this in either the Everett or Seattle newspapers nor on the local TV news.  And they are pretty darn diligent about reporting anything about Boeing locally.  I wonder if these layoffs are happening outside Washington state.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.