Main Forums > The Roundtable

I Dare You To Try This

<< < (2/9) > >>

Jspy:
Man, you sure hit the nail on the head! Don't get me started on a similar rant concerning "rights" of illegal aliens. I'm already convinced in the not-so near future, we will all be living in North Mexico, and that the America we know will not exist. I've already entertained the thought of retiring and moving to Mexico just to get even.

Suoiruf Selyts:
This is going to anger a lot of you, but it has to be said before you pick up the chains and clamber into the back of the pickup truck.

Better yet, let's do this:

Let's enter into a war 160 years ago with a sovereign nation, really for no other reason than to expand our borders, resulting in the expropriation of 1/3 of their territory. Let's import our languages (like German in Central TX), let's try and act as if we haven't become the instant landlords of people that we despise, and let's make no attempt to camouflage our distaste for their culture, appearance, language, and reproductive habits. Let's not even make an attempt to learn a language that isn't always spoken well by the indigenous peoples among the European and half-European ones who have become our charges, and let's not even bother to concern ourselves with the indigenous languages of the people, the territories of whom we have taken as war booty. In fact, let's kidnap their children, let's raise them in our foreign manner, and let's slap them across the face when they speak the languages of their natural parents until we've managed to make them feel bad for not being born looking like us.

Let's try and deny the fact that the bottom left corner of this vaguely rectangular nation ever belonged to anyone else, that other languages were ever spoken there, and let's act like the righteously indignant ones when 160 years of passed time haven't done enough to obliterate truths that we might not like to admit, even unto ourselves.

Borders are artificial when people are hungry, no matter how many barriers you erect and how many people you line up to stand watch against illegal immigration. It's bad enough that you deride them for arguably valid but culturally myopic reasons. But the fact that so many of you would like to think of the Southwest as if it were a province of Sweden, something that conveniently popped up out of the blue to take our landthirsty excess of immigrant citizens, is absolutely mind boggling.

How far are we from "US-born Citizens Only" signs at lunch counters in Amarillo and Tucson? The hatred has to stop, and a solution that takes into account the economic disparity between the two countries, while forbidding Mexico to happily dump its unemployables across the border, absolutely must be found.

Con safos, ése&

spacemanspiff:
first off, correct me if i'm wrong (as i often am) but was it illegal mexicans who have been demanding the free ride and the exceptions to the rules? or is it the aclu that demands it without their input?
i'm under the impression that illegal immigrants have not been the ones speaking out so much about how they need special laws made up just for them. they're all afraid of ins, so why draw attention to themselves?
prove i'm wrong and i'll eat some crow, on that particular point.

--- Quote ---Borders are artificial when people are hungry, no matter how many barriers you erect and how many people you line up to stand watch against illegal immigration. It's bad enough that you deride them for arguably valid but culturally myopic reasons. But the fact that so many of you would like to think of the Southwest as if it were a province of Sweden, something that conveniently popped up out of the blue to take our landthirsty excess of immigrant citizens, is absolutely mind boggling
the hatred isnt for the mexicans. its against the mexican government that has displayed how little they care for their own citizens that they openly encourage people to enter our country illegally. its against the corrupt military/law enforcement/politicians from mexico that protect border jumpers and drug runners.

the mexican government does not want to solve its own problems of overcrowding, unemployment, etc. they want our country to handle it. and that is what i hate.

mexicans or any migrant that enters lawfully, i got no problem with. they go by the rules, great! its those that dont that i wish we could deport. not out of hatred, just out of principle.

with that said, i am also one of those most vocal about tightening the US/mexican border. i am all for walls, fences, barb wire, and i am all for opening fire on those that make it through the mine field.

macavada:

--- Quote ---the hatred isnt for the mexicans. its against the mexican government

--- Quote ---i am all for opening fire on those that make it through the mine field.

I don't get this.

Gewehr98:
Hell, I'd enter Mexico illegally, if just to demand they stop f$&*ing up automobiles like they did to that Chevy above! (Think I can almost see the chain link steering wheel, and remember the jokes about it...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version