Author Topic: Unintended consequences -- or part of the plan?  (Read 1347 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Unintended consequences -- or part of the plan?
« on: September 13, 2015, 10:01:26 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/09/12/kostigen-climate-change-reparations/72014440/

No doubt thanks in large measure to the whinging of the global warming climate change true believers, now entire countries want the United States to pay them boatloads of money to compensate them for ... the weather.

Stop the world, I want to get off.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Unintended consequences -- or part of the plan?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 10:05:10 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/09/12/kostigen-climate-change-reparations/72014440/

No doubt thanks in large measure to the whinging of the global warming climate change true believers, now entire countries want the United States to pay them boatloads of money to compensate them for ... the weather.

Stop the world, I want to get off.

Actually been going on a long time.  The whole thing is watermelon.....green on the outside....red in the middle.
Global warming/climate change is nothing but a grand wealth redistribution scheme.
http://www.freedomworks.org/content/democrats-pledge-new-global-wealth-redistribution-scheme-through-climate-change-treaty
Liberal white guilt.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 11:09:18 AM »
Sure thing.  Not a problem.

Just show us what your country has lost due exclusively to weather that we created. Make sure that you are not trying to slip in desertification caused by over-grazing or non-rotational crop farming or lack of water retention practices or over population beyond what your crappy subsistence farming using any of the methods listed above have created.

What we caused directly we ought to pay compensation for.

But we are not inclined to cover up your avarice and lack of foresight and stupidity.

Give us a call when you have your list together.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 12:25:52 PM »
How much is china paying? How many refugees are they 'relocating?'

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 01:09:04 PM »
" . . . a grotesque line-up of ill-mannered self-pitying, caterwauling freeloaders banging their tin cups on the pavement demanding handouts . . . "

(Originally written about Democratic Party supporters by Nicholas von Hoffman, it seems to be a very apropos description of various turd world dungheap nations as well.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 10:27:48 AM »
The concept of "robber barons" made me think of "robber peons."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 12:14:39 PM »
Sure thing.  Not a problem.

Just show us what your country has lost due exclusively to weather that we created. Make sure that you are not trying to slip in desertification caused by over-grazing or non-rotational crop farming or lack of water retention practices or over population beyond what your crappy subsistence farming using any of the methods listed above have created.

What we caused directly we ought to pay compensation for.

But we are not inclined to cover up your avarice and lack of foresight and stupidity.

Give us a call when you have your list together.

stay safe.

Make them pony up for expensive studies of their climate, and then maybe we'll "review them".

By way of analogy, my landlord buddy has a $25 application fee, applicable to the security deposit or first month's rent, nonrefundable to anyone who comes back as a felon or with a eviction on their record that they didn't disclose on the application.

You would not believe how much of the riff-raff is kept at bay by this. Or better, erupts with outrage when they find out the policy.   =D
I promise not to duck.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 02:26:31 PM »
"The whole thing is watermelon.....green on the outside....red in the middle."  I'm stealing that....with your permission of course.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 02:37:01 PM »
"The whole thing is watermelon.....green on the outside....red in the middle."  I'm stealing that....with your permission of course.

I'm sure you're welcome to do so as it's not his original phrasing, either. (Not to disparage JJ, it's just old. I believe Mark Steyn likes to use it. It's not his either.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought