Author Topic: Coyotes take down a police horse  (Read 8103 times)

Andiron

• friend
Re: Coyotes take down a police horse
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2015, 10:59:42 PM »
Remind me not to make your dad mad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice double lung shot.  He painted the snow for probably 60' before dropping.  One of the nastier wounds I've seen.   

Should've stuck with stray cats,  we don't tolerate anything that messes with SWMBO's horses.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2015, 04:56:02 AM »
We get all sorts of critters in the back yard. We've seen a fox several times this year. I hear yotes all the time that sound real close and I've. Seen them a few time down by my pond. The wife saw what she believed was a bobcat last week crossing the garden.
I haven't managed to see one yet but there have been multiple credible reports of mountain lions in the area and my dad jumped one up 7-8 years ago that he says looked like it was watching me mow the pasture.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2015, 08:40:56 AM »
The story is they crossed with wolves grey ones if i remember right. Very different temperament. Beautiful animals.

Not saying the story is incorrect, but grey wolf/coyote mix would be a 50-80lb critter.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

erictank

• friends
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2015, 08:54:08 AM »
coyote
stray cat-yote
ferral hog-yote
burglar -yote
....this could be useful. 

I would want to make an except for Mr. Wyle E. Coyote. 

Well, he *IS* a SUUUUUUUUUU-per Genius. Of course you'd want to make an exception for him!

Besides, he's really quite resilient. Shoot him in the face, and he just gets all blackened around the muzzle. That's one tough yote.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2015, 08:58:14 AM »
We get all sorts of critters in the back yard. We've seen a fox several times this year. I hear yotes all the time that sound real close and I've. Seen them a few time down by my pond. The wife saw what she believed was a bobcat last week crossing the garden.
I haven't managed to see one yet but there have been multiple credible reports of mountain lions in the area and my dad jumped one up 7-8 years ago that he says looked like it was watching me mow the pasture.

Has the Oklahoma F&G finally admitted to cougars in the state? Way back when (late 60's) I was out dove hunting by Apache, OK when I stepped around a tree and came face to face with a cougar using a tree for a scratching post. He looked at me, I looked at him and started backing slowly away and when he was finished he went on his way. All I had was a single shot 12g with bird shot, way undergunned. When I reported the encounter I was told in no uncertain terms that there were no cougars in Oklahoma. I knew better. I also think I saw the tail end of one crossing the road on Ft Sill in the late 90's, wasn't too sure because it was quick and all I really saw was the long tail.

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2015, 09:09:45 AM »
They've acknowledged they are here, but only in the last 10 year or so. They kind of had their hand forced when one was treed on the outskirts of Tulsa and it was all over the news. They do however state that they are most likely just "passing through".

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2015, 09:14:12 AM »
They've acknowledged they are here, but only in the last 10 year or so. They kind of had their hand forced when one was treed on the outskirts of Tulsa and it was all over the news. They do however state that they are most likely just "passing through".

If they are male, that is more than likely true. They get pushed out of the Black Hills and Rockies by the dominate male, they just keep traveling following food and looking for love.

We have some in Iowa now, only been one female killed the rest have been male. More than likely followed the Missouri River here. Historically they were found just about everywhere in the US, so I don't find it all that strange.

Uranus is a gas giant.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2015, 10:12:08 AM »

The Greyhound bus ticket in their paw is a dead givaway.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2015, 10:16:02 AM »
We've had yotes in our burb ever since I moved here.  Now we have bobcats, too.  Both prefer to stay near the creek beds.  I have no doubt they get lots of kitty cats. 

Even have a fox near the kids' school. 

For my own part, I don't mind them.  Every one I have seen has high-tailed it out of there.  Let them eat rats. 

If I were in the country, I would shoot on sight, though, to protect my livestock.

Coyotes, bobcats, and foxes are common in the Trinity river bottom just south of downtown.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2015, 10:36:49 AM »
Not saying the story is incorrect, but grey wolf/coyote mix would be a 50-80lb critter.
one my dog killed weighed 55 pounds and I did not pick up all the entrails to weigh

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2015, 04:14:48 PM »
Problem is they aren't the same as the western coyotes. They are a coyote/wolf hybrid, and from what I've seen they aren't as scared of people as they should be.

http://www.nature.com/news/rise-of-the-coyote-the-new-top-dog-1.10635

Lot of coydog hybrids in all states.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator

Uranus is a gas giant.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2015, 08:42:02 PM »
The Illinois DNR kept denying there were Mountain Lions/Cougars in Illinois.  Until one went walk-about in Chicago.  Hilarity ensued.

Same with Wolves, until three were shot and pictures posted on the Interrtubez by the hunters.   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2015, 09:15:43 PM »
The Illinois DNR kept denying there were Mountain Lions/Cougars in Illinois.  Until one went walk-about in Chicago.  Hilarity ensued.

Same with Wolves, until three were shot and pictures posted on the Interrtubez by the hunters.   

I have a friend who swears he saw a wolf in the Palos Forest preserve system. He know coyotes and is an avid outdoorsman.

The size, demeanor and gate all screamed wolf to him. He allows for a possible coy dog but it looked like a wolf to him.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2015, 09:19:37 PM »
Ha ha, a coyote started yipping what sounds like close to the house just as I was reading this thread. :)

I should get off my butt and break out the NVG to see if I can spot him.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

• friends
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2015, 09:35:33 PM »
Game wardens hear swear no mountain lions too. They lie. Have seen pics and video.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2015, 09:51:49 PM »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G