Author Topic: Coyotes take down a police horse  (Read 8103 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Coyotes take down a police horse
« on: January 26, 2015, 06:39:43 PM »
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2015/01/coyotes_attack_kill_horse_from.html#incart_river

But but but APS keeps telling me how harmless the little song dogs are.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Re: Coyotes take down a police horse
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 07:06:58 PM »
Are you getting APS and mainstream media mixed up?  Most of APS is all for shooting them when they appear.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 07:42:40 PM »
"A lot of people are starting to get burros around here," he said, noting the loud noises they make and their willingness to defend themselves and other animals against coyotes.

Osmon did have a few words of advice for any resident that may come in close contact with a coyote.

"Stay clear and leave the area," he said.

Really, get a burro, don't they know how much those things cost? They just need to learn how to coexist with nature and allow the 'yotes their piece of meat, whatever form it takes, cat, dog, little kid, whatever.

Or because it is kind of rural, get a GUN, jeebus, how hard is that?

bob

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 07:57:00 PM »
Are you getting APS and mainstream media mixed up?  Most of APS is all for shooting them when they appear.
No we're not.

They help keep the roaming domestic cat population down in suburbia.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 07:59:36 PM »
No we're not.

They help keep the roaming domestic cat population down in suburbia.

and ill trained yippie dogs, you know the punting size that you could kick half way across the block, but they have ninja like skills between lifting your foot to kick and them biting your pant cuff.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 08:20:56 PM »

Every time a coyote thread comes up and someone expresses concern that their kid will be attacked, at least a couple people scoff at the notion.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 08:30:24 PM »
Every time a coyote thread comes up and someone expresses concern that their kid will be attacked, at least a couple people scoff at the notion.

Oh right. 
 [tinfoil]
 ;/

That's not going to happen.  Get real.

:rofl:
7-11 was a part time job.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 09:17:33 PM »

Darwin in action, the weak die, the horse was weak.

Uranus is a gas giant.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 09:19:33 PM »
Sadness, horse did not go home at end of shift.   =(

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 09:29:47 PM »
Sadness, horse did not go home at end of shift.   =(

No, the horse WAS home after the end of its shift. This just proves that the cops are right -- they are in constant danger even when out of uniform.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 10:22:12 PM »
Are you getting APS and mainstream media mixed up?  Most of APS is all for shooting them when they appear.

If it has "Yote" in the end of the name, I'm all for ending it's existence!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 11:09:32 PM »

Nancy Peloyote.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 12:42:34 AM »
Do the people of Lepeer County, MI really need to be be instructed in this? :facepalm:

...said Osmon of the mare, or an adult female horse...

It's winter up there.  You know, cold and snow and stuff.  'Yotes, like just about any other animal, take the easy route whenever possible.  Chase a bunny and divvy it up or take down an adult female horse mare?  You do the math.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 01:06:12 AM »
Darwin in action, the weak die, the horse was weak.

Not as weak as a human.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 02:46:07 AM »
Yotes are much bolder . See em in groups in the daytime and they don't run off. That's a mistake. I took a shot from in the door and got em. With a bow. Yotes that close to house is not good and needs immediate correction. I fear my dog will get killed. If that happens I will channel the good capt Quinn and do some ethic cleansing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 03:22:25 AM »
Really, get a burro, don't they know how much those things cost?

Well, if they had to explain, "said Osmon of the mare, or an adult female horse..." it tells me that they ain't writing for rural folks.  Just city slickers, who probably don't even know what a burro is.

Residents should also eliminate all outdoor food sources, clear out wood and brush piles, as well as keeping pets inside or accompanying them outside if coyotes have been spotted in their area.

Oh, and keep a gun handy.

Terry, 230RN

ETA:  I gotta learn to type faster.  Wuz beaten to it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 03:26:32 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 09:05:29 AM »
"A lot of people are starting to get burros around here," he said, noting the loud noises they make and their willingness to defend themselves and other animals against coyotes.
Oh.  A burro, not a burrow.  I didn't think a hole in the ground would work; without concrete I mean.  =)   

I wonder if a burrow owl would work. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 09:11:56 AM »
coyote
stray cat-yote
ferral hog-yote
burglar -yote
....this could be useful. 

I would want to make an except for Mr. Wyle E. Coyote. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 10:44:55 AM »
I'm in the "shoot them on sight to do a favor to humans/domestic animals/pets AND  wild coyotes" camp, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some pre-existing factor regarding the mare that weakened her enough for a pack of coyotes to kill. Maybe injury with shock, or very, very strong training against defending herself from barking/biting dogs. 
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 12:21:09 PM »

We all have different interpretations on the science of biology. For example: some of us understand food webs and complexity of them, some of us look at man in as part of nature, some of us look at man has the right to dominate nature. 

Some of use believe/understand that the risk of a coyote actually attacking or even killing a human is less than being hit by lightening.

Some of us have different fears and beliefs.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 12:29:34 PM »
Well, if they had to explain, "said Osmon of the mare, or an adult female horse..." it tells me that they ain't writing for rural folks.  Just city slickers, who probably don't even know what a burro is.

If a burrito is a small burro, then a burro is a big burrito. I wonder if it was steak or chicken.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

• friends
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 12:50:35 PM »
I can't stop a lightening bolt or make my yard less likely to get struck. I can however discourage bold yotes

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 12:56:15 PM »
I can't stop a lightening bolt or make my yard less likely to get struck. I can however discourage bold yotes

If you remove the coyotes, what takes its place? Something worse, or do you get overrun with rodents?

Uranus is a gas giant.

• friends
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 01:11:27 PM »
I don't kill em all. I just try to keep em appropriately scared of man. When a group of 6 stand in broad daylight 50 feet from me inside one fence in a yard with dogs they are meat

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 01:18:21 PM »
I don't kill em all. I just try to keep em appropriately scared of man. When a group of 6 stand in broad daylight 50 feet from me inside one fence in a yard with dogs they are meat

I have shot my fair share of them also, fun to call them in and take them at 25 yards or less with a shotgun loaded with 4 buck. If you blink, they run like their ass is on fire and their head is catching.

Uranus is a gas giant.