Author Topic: Walking dead season 4  (Read 79214 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

tokugawa

• friend
Re: Walking dead season 4
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2013, 04:12:47 PM »
You guys watch weird stuff on the tube. =D

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2013, 04:13:30 PM »
I'm thinking it's Rick feeding the rats and going insane.

He's not come back from the brink. He's just gone to a different ledge.

Oooohhhh what if he killed and burned the sick!!!!

Somehow I interpreted the blood trails as someone coughing up blood due to sickness and dragging himself/herself outside and burning himself/herself alive so as not to turn when dead.

Someone feeding the rats is what made me think the other way.  Someone in there is *expletive deleted*ed up....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2013, 04:38:16 PM »
you would think they would drag in a cargo container
set it in front of a gate
open the doors
open the gate
pound on the back
fill with zeds
close gate
close doors
exterminate

a simple oneway door and a noise maker could be a nice mousetrap
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2013, 04:48:26 PM »
Or at least put cargo containers in front of the fence.

I don't care how many zeds are pushing at a cargo container's walls.  They could have hundreds crushing against a container, all they'll do is squish their buddies up front into jelly.

It would also block visual access of the yard, stopping zed from coming around at all.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2013, 05:51:58 PM »
you would think they would drag in a cargo container
set it in front of a gate
open the doors
open the gate
pound on the back
fill with zeds
close gate
close doors
exterminate

a simple oneway door and a noise maker could be a nice mousetrap

Needs to be emptied.

Inner perimeter of containers makes sense.

Remember the zeds are drawn to movement AND sound.  So there would still be some drawn to the prison no matter what fortifications were erected.
Another option would be mounting spikes along the fence like the crazy guy who originally found Rick had back at his town.
As it is now, the zeds have unabated access to swarm the fence. 
Also, they've had the manpower, they could have reinforced the fences with all manner of things.  They put a lot of thought into the gate, but the fence is how they accessed the prison originally and should be considered a weak point.
Woodbury is a great example on how they should be doing it.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2013, 06:05:13 PM »

Also, they've had the manpower, they could have reinforced the fences with all manner of things.  They put a lot of thought into the gate, but the fence is how they accessed the prison originally and should be considered a weak point.
Woodbury is a great example on how they should be doing it.

Yeah, that bugged me. They have all kinds of stuff they can use to strengthen the fence.

Not sure about lining the fence with containers. While creating a stronger barrier, it also creates "sneak up" points for not necessarily walkers. Kinda like not keeping big bushes near the windows of your house that would give burglars hiding places.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2013, 06:25:04 PM »
fire would empty the trap
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2013, 07:29:43 PM »
fire would empty the trap

Remember the torched walkers in the pit?  I'd say it does a lot of damage to them but doesn't take them out of the equation.  To really toss them off, you'd probably need the kinds of temperatures that would melt a container.

Yeah, that bugged me. They have all kinds of stuff they can use to strengthen the fence.

Not sure about lining the fence with containers. While creating a stronger barrier, it also creates "sneak up" points for not necessarily walkers. Kinda like not keeping big bushes near the windows of your house that would give burglars hiding places.

Use it strategically.   Areas that are more prone to draw zeds, like near the gates. 
The guard tower still functions, which gives visibility to cover some areas.
Also, might be worth creating an absolutely rock solid inner perimeter.  IIRC the prison has two fences and then the outer wall shares some fence with the yards.  I'd also concentrate on making that innermost perimeter as strong as possible.  Stack whatever will stack inside the fences.  Block off doors and windows that aren't necessary. 
JD

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2013, 10:29:24 PM »
Blood trails. Both bodies were dragged to the burn site.  Obviously, they might have died and then been dragged out and burned.  But the midnight feeding of the rats at the fence has the hair on the back of my neck saying "But wait, there's more!"[/i]

One of the reasons I keep watching.  The staff on this show loves hairy twists & turns - and so do I!

I like the idea of a solid wall, but not as the first barrier.  Leave the chain link fence up and setup watches on top of the solid barrier. 

I was going to suggest the watches be armed with something low-tech & reusable, i.e. spears, bows etc.  But they're either not long range enough or not accurate enough for consistent head shots on moving targets.  Fire's not a good option.  A moat - not so good either.  Spikes/stakes - need to be cleaned off, meaning someone has to go outside the perimeter.  Explosives?  Makes little pieces that will still be trying to kill someone.  Maybe bring back roll-your-own black powder and adapting/manufacturing something to use it - long gun, cannon, etc.

Perimeter defense against an army that can only be killed one way is a bitch.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2013, 09:46:12 AM »
The countryside is LOADED with things that they're not making use of to fortify their little slice of heaven...

Electrical transmission lines can be used as cables to stay the fence poles.

Railroad rails can be used as brace bars. They are also pretty damned effective armor when alternately stacked and used to protect against non walkers with guns.

The cargo containers is a good one I hadn't thought about.

I'd at least use several in the inner yard to build a watch platform and tower.

As others have mentioned, there's construction equipment EVERYWHERE. Dig some damned walker traps. The pointy sticks around the gates are a good idea, maybe one of the first ones they've had.

There's got to be gazillions of concrete blocks and loads of cement that is still viable all over the countryside that could also be used to supplement the fence.

And instead of letting them pile up against the fence every day, they should be out building a stand off barrier of... pointy sticks...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2013, 12:39:16 AM »
And instead of letting them pile up against the fence every day, they should be out building a stand off barrier of... pointy sticks...

The pointy sticks would work, for a while.  Until they're full of still moving walkers.  I ain't volunteering to go out and clean off the sticks.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2013, 02:24:51 AM »
Give me TIKIWIKI and a scavengeable world, and I'll build a solar powered zed squisher that weighs 10 tons, moves on tracks, has an armored cabin, a 50 mile range and returns home to recharge.  Once I have it manually controlled, it's just a matter of time until I make it run off remote or even automate it to just run lat/long coordinates via GPS, unmanned.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2013, 06:25:31 AM »
I thought the rats were from the little girl feeding her pet walker, Nick.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2013, 06:50:07 AM »

That's what I thought as well.

Chris

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2013, 12:25:13 PM »
Give me TIKIWIKI and a scavengeable world, and I'll build a solar powered zed squisher that weighs 10 tons, moves on tracks, has an armored cabin, a 50 mile range and returns home to recharge.  Once I have it manually controlled, it's just a matter of time until I make it run off remote or even automate it to just run lat/long coordinates via GPS, unmanned.

your newsletter, i would please to subscribe

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2013, 12:27:50 PM »
put this on the end of the mousetrap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dn8xKH7afo

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2013, 09:36:03 PM »

Hadn't thought of that.

Still convinced the sick ones were murdered.
JD

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2013, 09:41:40 PM »
Hadn't thought of that.

Still convinced the sick ones were murdered.
I'm thinking the Asian kid,(It's ok, everyone's a kid to me), protecting his now pregnant wife. The guy is undercover hardcore.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2013, 09:53:49 AM »
Carol you crazy bitch! 
JD

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2013, 09:57:14 AM »
Carol you crazy bitch! 

Too bad it was already too late.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2013, 10:04:55 AM »
And chalk the charger up to being a bad apocalyptic choice of vehicle.  4x4 is a must. 
And that sea of undead at the school....holy *expletive deleted*ck.    :O
JD

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2013, 10:32:17 AM »
they need an icecream truck full of piglets to draw off the mega swarm at 20 miles out

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2013, 10:49:54 AM »
they need an icecream truck full of piglets to draw off the mega swarm at 20 miles out

Major distraction time for sure.  A big enough explosion a few miles away would get them shuffling off.
JD

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2013, 11:18:58 AM »
Carol you crazy bitch! 

Well,  for once, I actually saw THAT coming..... [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero