Author Topic: "Con"gress or "Pro"gress?  (Read 1557 times)

Taurus

"Con"gress or "Pro"gress?
« on: March 19, 2005, 07:02:38 PM »
I didn't want to hijack MaterDei's - "The baseball hearings yesterday were disturbing" thread, so I started something new.

Baseball is the greatest game in America. Although I'm not a big fan of any sport, baseball I can watch when the playoffs start. I can really get into it, but The House shouldn't. Congress should give their time and energies to a  war still on in Iraq, and other matters far more important to our survival. Whether a baseball player does or does not use performance enhancing drugs should be irrelevant at this level of government.

"So let's go low budget this time on something we are semi-competent and feel somewhat confident we can handle, to appease the (silent) majority. We will not tolerate the use of steroids in the MLB. But if a swamp judge in Florida or Whereverfenokee wants to challenge us on any issues, over-rule our decisions, (s)he will be in Congressional contempt. But we will not fight back ... afterall ... we are powerless against the hand mightier than God himself - AKA - Ruth Bader Ginsberg and henchmen benchmen. We cower to the power. But all that really matters here is that the dumb, lazy people hear about us doing something for 'them and the children' ... yeah ... especially for the children."
J. D. White