Author Topic: What not to bring to an assassination attempt  (Read 1875 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
What not to bring to an assassination attempt
« on: January 20, 2013, 05:56:11 AM »
http://tinyurl.com/aqg39c7

Along with the gas pistol, Enimehmedov was also armed with two knives.

A pellet gun?  :facepalm:

Either he did not know the difference between that and a real gun, or because of gun control laws it was the only thing a law-abiding assassin could purchase.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: What not to bring to an assassination attempt
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 06:30:25 AM »

Either he did not know the difference between that and a real gun, or because of gun control laws it was the only thing a law-abiding assassin could purchase.

stay safe.
I'm guessing it's not a pellet gun, but a blank firing pistol, loaded either with blanks (duh) or tear gas or pepper spray ammunition.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 09:14:58 AM »
Dogan and the gunman wrestled on stage before security raced to apprehend the assailant, amid loud boos from the crowd, according to The Sun.

were they booing because he failed, or the wrestling did not live up to wwf standards?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 09:49:07 AM »
Apparently, the security people gave him a really good beating until the cops arrived. Or kicking, I guess.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 10:07:15 AM »
The video made it look like every politician in the room wanted to get a few hits and kicks in.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 10:09:49 AM »
Some security. As close as the assailant got, he could have used one of his knives. Sheesh.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 10:36:01 AM »
I'm guessing it's not a pellet gun, but a blank firing pistol, loaded either with blanks (duh) or tear gas or pepper spray ammunition.

Probably with tear gas cartridges. These are pretty popular in much of Europe.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 11:00:25 AM »
Some security. As close as the assailant got, he could have used one of his knives. Sheesh.

Yep
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 11:07:23 AM »

Successful assasin is successful warning: actual death
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 12:08:18 PM »
Anyone have footage of John Wilkes Booth? =D
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 12:32:44 PM »

But he didn't have a gun! I was told by our superior media members and politicians that "gun violence" is the only violence that we need to worry about... so if we ban guns people can still die?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 12:36:44 PM »

That was hard core. According to the comments th assasin wrote a samurai poem on his cell wall then hanged himself.
Formerly sumpnz

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 12:45:13 PM »
The Bourgas native has two prior convictions, including causing bodily harm in 2006 and drug possession in 2010, the Sofia Globe reports.

That is why he couldn't have a real gun.  He is a felon.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Kitteh-Dragon

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 12:49:34 PM »
In another forum, I said I thought this looked fabricated to get media coverage and sympathy for the person he attempted to 'assassinate' - and that was before this pellet gun information!  It just smells ... odd... to me.

stay safe.
Kitteh-Dragon

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 01:13:28 PM »
I've seen UK television shows which outright claim there is a thriving criminal market for turning airsofts & replicas into functioning firearms. Who knows what this doofus thought he had.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 01:32:32 PM »
I've seen UK television shows which outright claim there is a thriving criminal market for turning airsofts & replicas into functioning firearms. Who knows what this doofus thought he had.

As silly as that sounds, wasn't there actually an airsoft which contained what turned out to be a passable AR lower?
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 01:53:15 PM »
As silly as that sounds, wasn't there actually an airsoft which contained what turned out to be a passable AR lower?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=10795

This one, made by a company called WE, supposedly.

The old Fox news article about it:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/06/exclusive-toy-gun-sold-easily-turned-real-thing/

I've never seen one, but supposedly the trigger group sits a bit too low as-is.  Takes some jiggering to put a real trigger/sear into it.  Big difference is that, and a small hole in the receiver near the pistol grip, feeding to a motor (or battery?) housed in the pistol grip.  That hole is a non-issue. 

Upper pins supposedly perfectly line up with a true upper.  Rear buffer housing lines up perfectly for a true rear buffer tube.  Magwell is dimensionally accurate.

I'm tempted to buy one and "build" myself an AR.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 02:03:27 PM »
Oops.  The WE model I linked earlier is a gearbox model, not a gas blowback model.

It's the gas blowback models that are convertible, supposedly.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_482&products_id=9461

I don't see any more WE branded ones that are metallic receivers with gas blowback action.  Not sure on the other brands.  But the metal receiver ones are quite a bit more expensive than the plastic receiver ones.

ETA:  The Inokatsu M4 GBB rifle looks amazing.  Literally, all I think it needs to convert to a true rifle is a trigger kit, proper buffer spring of correct strength, a correct bolt to replace the aluminum one in the BCG along with firing pin (might need a full BCG if there are other differences), a 5.56 barrel, gas block, and gas tube.  But, it's $900+ everywhere I look.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 02:30:24 PM by AZRedhawk44 »
--Lysander Spooner