Author Topic: Judge lets Detroit's Mayor Thug go to Democrat convention  (Read 3238 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Judge lets Detroit's Mayor Thug go to Democrat convention
« on: August 14, 2008, 06:08:09 AM »
Maybe he can pose with Obama, along with Wright, Ayers and the rests of the rogue's gallery of the reprehensible that Obama calls his friends.

Also, maybe Mayor Hip-Hop Thug can be responsible for the booty calls, and have more strippers killed when they prove embarrassing, just like home. I'm sure he'll have his 20+ gang thug bodyguards along to beat up anyone who gets too close, just like home as well.

Will he be leading the panel discussions on how to run a city the Democrat way...?

Judge lets Detroit mayor go to Democrat convention

By ED WHITE  53 minutes ago

DETROIT (AP)  A judge ruled Thursday that Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick can travel to the Democratic National Convention in Denver and can get rid of an electronic tether that had been ordered as part of his bond in his perjury case.

Kilpatrick and his former top aide were in Wayne County Circuit Court for an arraignment on perjury and other charges stemming from a text-messaging sex scandal. Not guilty pleas were entered on their behalf.

Circuit Judge Leonard Townsend raised the question about whether Kilpatrick should be allowed to travel later this month to the convention, where he is a superdelegate.

"I see absolutely no reason for that and it's silly," Townsend said of the travel restriction. But prosecutors objected to the judge's decision.

Kilpatrick spent a night in jail a week ago because he violated his bond by taking a quick business trip to Canada without notifying authorities. He was released Friday, with bond conditions imposed by another judge that included no travel and the tether.

Kilpatrick and former aide Christine Beatty were charged in March with conspiracy, perjury, obstruction of justice and misconduct in office, all tied to their testimony in a civil trial.

Sexually explicit text messages between the pair that the Detroit Free Press published in late January contradict their denial of an affair, a key point in the trial last year involving a former deputy police chief.

With the exception of the trip to Denver, Kilpatrick's travel still will be restricted to the Detroit area.

Assistant prosecutor Lisa Lindsey told the judge the ruling was "inherently unfair," saying the prosecutor's office and defense attorney James Thomas had an agreement that no requests would be made to change the bond.

"Two judges have already found he's violated conditions of his bond," she said.

Townsend said the court raised the issue, not defense attorneys.

"No one has been found guilty of anything," Townsend said. "Let's not trash the Constitution."

An appeal of the decision was expected from prosecutors, who left without commenting.

"This is the first time a judge has stood up for him," Thomas said after the hearing.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Judge lets Detroit's Mayor Thug go to Democrat convention
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 06:56:16 AM »
If that was any of us Proles, we'd be laughed at by the judge for such a request and probably charged further for wasting the courts time.
Anyone who believes there is no Aristocracy in the country is sadly mistaken.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 08:44:36 AM »
The more absurd the better.

Let it all hang out, baby. grin
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 09:54:49 AM »
I have just read the wikipedia article on that guy.  All I can say is:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  rolleyes
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 09:57:38 AM »
I have just read the wikipedia article on that guy.  All I can say is:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  rolleyes

The worst writer of cheesy dystopias has nothing on the reality of Detroit under Kilpatrick. It's literally as if a gangsta hip-hop rapper and all this thug buddies were put in office and the mayoral mansion, to have parties, commit crimes, and get any women they want. Because that is the reality. And in the meantime, the city is a disintegrating third-world war zone.

longeyes

• friend
pimp my nation
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 09:13:00 PM »
Obama's calling Kilpatrick a "distraction."

I think he's better called The Future.  The Age of the Warlords is upon us.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 01:35:04 AM »
Maybe the judge allowed it thinking that keeping all the corrupt, tyrannical, elitist thugs in one area is a good idea......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 03:56:48 AM »
Obama's calling Kilpatrick a "distraction."

I thought he's better called The Future.  The Age of the Warlords is upon us.

Obama had better be careful. This seems to be the type of guy who would do what Jesse Jackson only threatened.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 04:35:19 AM »
I'm so glad I no longer live within spitting distance of Detroit.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 06:51:16 AM »

Will he be leading the panel discussions on how to run a city the Democrat way...?

[\quote]

He'll co-chair it with Richie Daley....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

erik the bold

• friend
  • Bite my shiney metal....
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 01:16:07 PM »
I thought the tether was back on, and he was limited to Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb counties........  Huh?
"Belief" is the acceptance of a hypothesis in the absence of data.
"Prejudice" is having an opinion not supported by the preponderance of the data.
"Knowledge" is only found through the accumulation and analysis of data.
The plural of anecdote is not "data"

NOTICE: Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »
yea they got the leash back on
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 03:02:23 PM »
Detroit is where even Maned's legendary hyberbole is merely an accurate description.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 05:03:34 PM »
Detroit is where even Maned's legendary hyberbole is merely an accurate description.

No kidding.  Just look at some of the stuff than went on under Coleman Young.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.