Author Topic: Rocksmith  (Read 861 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Rocksmith
« on: November 12, 2012, 12:50:39 PM »
Anyone have this "game?"

http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-us/home/index.aspx

Take Guitar Hero.  Get rid of ridiculous fisher price toy controller.  Plug in your Les Paul/Fender/Ibanez.  Get busy actually playing.

Want.

But, worried about the DRM bunk.  I hear that Steam is nasty to computers, and UBISoft has icky DRM tendencies.

Also, my personal computer is currently running Ubuntu.  I'd have to reconfig it back to its old windows license, WinXP 64-bit edition.  Supposedly sys reqs for this game specify vista or Win7 as a minimum.  Not sure if it is just their support folks being persnickity, or a true DirectX 10 requirement. 
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Marnoot

• friend
Re: Rocksmith
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 10:16:04 AM »
Steam's DRM is the least intrusive/pesky/annoying I've dealt with, and in the case of many games, non-existent. I'm a big fan of Steam for various reasons unrelated to DRM, but it's certainly never done anything "nasty" to any of my computers it's on (it's on all of them). Only time it can become annoying when gaming is if it's on a computer you travel internationally with frequently, or if your internet connection is intermittent (though there's workarounds for that one). Many games have DRM above and beyond Steam's, but they'll have that DRM no matter what form you buy them in.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:24:57 AM »
I only play 1 game frequently via Steam and haven't had a single problem.

Chris

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 12:10:27 PM »
I don't currently use it, but I've rarely heard anything negative about Steam. Usually when I've had a friend complain about it and I look at their PC I find they're infected with some nasty malware originating with their browsing habits.  

The video is interesting for a 4 minute commercial. I'd be curious to see what's being written about it independently.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 02:37:36 PM »
Here are some comments.

I would think that killing zombies while playing scales would conflict with learning and associating finger positioning, etc with the various notes.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 02:38:38 PM »
I may pick this up. I've hit a plateau in my playing, and I've found that the best way around these plateaus is to find new ways to practice.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog