Author Topic: What will it take...  (Read 7497 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: What will it take...
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2008, 04:04:56 AM »
Vince Foster anyone?

Just like the towers were an inside job, right?
While in a position of utmost power, it wouldn't surprise me if the Klintons abused it, I think the idea of Hillary taking out a sitting president so that she can take the reigns is ludicrious.  Not only do I think that is the one thing that might be beneath her, I also think that the odds of her pulling that one off are slim to none.   The days of walking up to a President on a street corner and shooting him are over, especially in a post 9/11 world.  Unless Hillary pulled the trigger herself....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2008, 02:38:32 AM »
Obama has lots of skeletons in his closet.  A few have rolled out and are taking polygraph tests.  Others are as we speak trying to explain money transfers from the middle east to his assorted coffers.  A few enterprising reports (from other countries) are having a look-see into the funding of his home purchase. 

Meanwhile back at the ranch Obama will have to fend off Hillary and the Clinton family to grab the nomination.  Hillary spent an entire lifetime pursuing power only to see Obama step in and take it from her.  She is quite capable of destroying the democrat party.  Obama's mission is to hold it all together.  We will see what kind of crisis manager he really is just by surviving Hillary's counter attacks.

Time is on our side.  More details will come out.  Whether of not the details derails his ride to the white house is a different story.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 06:00:00 AM »
Meanwhile back at the ranch Obama will have to fend off Hillary and the Clinton family to grab the nomination.  Hillary spent an entire lifetime pursuing power only to see Obama step in and take it from her.  She is quite capable of destroying the democrat party.  Obama's mission is to hold it all together.  We will see what kind of crisis manager he really is just by surviving Hillary's counter attacks.

Oh, if she loses the nomination, I expect her to burn down the entire party on her way out. She won't go gracefully.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2008, 06:54:03 AM »
Do ex-presidents have pull with the Secret Service?
http://www.star-telegram.com/667/story/486413.html

They didn't search anybody at the Chelsea event - just the bags.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2008, 07:32:03 AM »

They didn't search anybody at the Chelsea event - just the bags.

Mike Gallagher was talking about that on radio......scary stuff.

But then, how many Clinton appointees did Bush leave in place? (i.e. Mineta, Tennet, et al.)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 03:02:13 PM »

Looks like Bill forgot to call LHO.  angel
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.