Author Topic: Boy, that Obama is just a big old bag of FAIL...  (Read 7546 times)

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: Boy, that Obama is just a big old bag of FAIL...
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 08:19:12 PM »
* Obama - I hope to be proven wrong, but this guy is shaping up to be perhaps the first president motivated by actual malice towards this country.

I hope you're wrong, too, but wouldn't put a nickel on the proposition.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 08:31:06 PM »
I'm not really big on the "free Tibet" thing.  I think it was a slave-state that was, amazingly, worse than Chinese communism. 

Did Tibetans rip out the kidneys of religious minorities for re-sale? No? Then Tibet was never worse than Chinese communism.

Although I agree that the DL is not a great fighter for freedom, it's important to remember meeting him is a symbolic gesture of support for Tibet. Forgoing that  has symbolic meaning.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 09:39:19 PM »
Obama makes me pine for Slick Willy to be in the driver's seat.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 10:05:16 PM »
Obama makes me pine for Slick Willy

More sig.   :laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »
Yeah, and then we wouldn't have seen all the wonderful reductions in fed.gov size and authority. Oh wait...

We DID. For about 6 years. Then we elected "compassionate conservatism" that attempted to prove Republicans weren't heartless.

And instead they just proved they're as stupid in dealing with their political enemies as the Democrats are in dealing with our REAL enemies.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

gunslinger

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 11:19:24 PM »
Obama - I hope to be proven wrong, but this guy is shaping up to be perhaps the first president motivated by actual malice towards this country.

That does seem to be the case. Fortunately for us, it would appear that he is also rather inept and weak.

His "effect" seems to have been largely a "flash in the pan" considering that he has failed to move the remainder of his agenda with any degree of efficacy since the $1T spending package's passage.

His health care reform initiative is sinking fast, he lost his much heralded Olympic bid  :rolleyes: and is clearly over his head with getting GITMO shut down and moving as decisively in Afghanistan as he needs to.

What a joke he is. Never have I ever seen a president go "lame duck" in the the first year of his term.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 12:44:10 AM »
The best thing we can do is neutralize him by contesting anything and everything he proposes.  That will minimize the damage he can do by dragging out every single initiative he attempts.

Kinda like the Dems filibustering Bush's court appointments.  Stand by for four years of payback.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 10:30:49 AM »
The best thing we can do is neutralize him by contesting anything and everything he proposes.

Not too hard to do: he started off a speech with "good morning" once, and we're part way into a crappy four years just to prove him wrong.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 02:41:06 PM »
Not too hard to do: he started off a speech with "good morning" once, and we're part way into a crappy four years just to prove him wrong.

You should have enjoyed that part.  The speech didn't get any better than that.  :)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grey54956

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 08:13:54 PM »
Big old bag of FAIL?

More like a dump truck.  Frankly, FAIL isn't the four letter word I was thinking of...
"There are no carefully crafted arguments here, just a sausage-chain of emotional crotch-grabs." - Longeyes

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye and see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -- Frank Herbert, Dune

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2009, 02:50:21 AM »
I'm actually relieved Obama didn't meet with the Dalai Lama.  What a clown.  It's shocking that he gets to travel the world getting rich because of his supposed birth-status, all the while letting his people get slammed by an oppressive totalitarian state.

The most useful that guy will ever be is as a sleep therapist - no insomniac can stand his talks.

You mean Obama, right?  I totally agree, I'm glad he didn't meet the Dalai Lama, too.

Oh wait... I get it.

Weak.