Author Topic: OF COURSE gay marriage views won't be cause to oppress Christians...  (Read 7493 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
http://radio.foxnews.com/2011/08/18/teacher-opposed-to-gay-marriage-could-be-fired/comment-page-1/

Oh, wait, no. It's ALREADY being used to punish people for opposing liberal views of "marriage".

This is what we know is happening and will happen as the gay "marriage" proponents use the force of government to make their choice of lifestyle accepted. It's not a slippery slope argument because it is already happening.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: OF COURSE gay marriage views won't be cause to oppress Christians...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 12:55:50 PM »
And of course no sign of the ACLU stepping in and helping him either.  Damn hypocrits.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 01:14:50 PM »
And of course no sign of the ACLU stepping in and helping him either.  Damn hypocrits.
Hypocrits? No. They are pretty clear on what their agenda is. Of course they'll always throw in the canard about how they once drepresented the KKK for violation of free speach- as if that makes them a noble organization.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 01:32:43 PM »
Being fired by your employer is a violation of your rights now?

How is this different - if at all - to schools firing teachers because they find out they used to work in the adult film industry, or because they had posed in photographs with firearms (both actually done before in the United States)?

(besides, the more public school teachers are fired, the better)
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 01:53:33 PM »

How is this different - if at all - to schools firing teachers because they find out they used to work in the adult film industry, or because they had posed in photographs with firearms (both actually done before in the United States)?

To fire someone isn't violating their rights.  Firing someone for using their rights is a violation of their rights.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 02:05:55 PM »

If the schools were private, it would not be an issue. In this case, however, the schools are a branch of the government and that government is enforcing politically correct morality in violation of two first amendment rights.

Unless it's ok for other localities to start requiring membership in a local baptist church before you can be employed with their government.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 02:17:36 PM »
1. Clearly we must privatize the schools.

2. Yes. This is an ongoing issue with the schools. This is not unlike the bans in the 1930's on schools teaching evolution. Schools will forever be used to push the agenda of whoever controls the schools.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 02:22:31 PM »
1. Clearly we must privatize the schools.

Of course we must. However, libertarian-types seem to think it more important to attack their allies in getting government out of schooling and other areas in order to promote gay marriage and marijuana.

And then further curse their ostensible allies when they point out that in the current state of the government, the force of the government will be used against those with opposing views.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 02:41:44 PM »
This issue is similar to the libertarian open-borders argument, where they wave away problems like illegal alien consumption of public services because the services themselves are not in accord with the COTUS. 

The rest of us, who live in reality-land and pay taxes, would prefer the burdens of these illegitimate services not to rise, even as we work to eliminate those services.

Oddly enough, the libertarian types seem to rate gay marriage higher than free expression.  Frankly, I think these "libertarians" are just folks who want gov't to subsidize their deviance and see no problem using the force of gov't to get their way.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 02:50:48 PM »
I propose we auto-lock any thread dealing with gay marriage.

I don't get the recent fetish with it.   ;/
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 03:00:54 PM »
Of course we must. However, libertarian-types seem to think it more important to attack their allies in getting government out of schooling and other areas in order to promote gay marriage and marijuana.

And yet I do not remember ever starting a gay marriage thread on this forum.

As for marijuana... your comment would be amusing if were not so sad.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 03:19:09 PM »
If the schools were private, it would not be an issue. (emphasis added) In this case, however, the schools are a branch of the government and that government is enforcing politically correct morality in violation of two first amendment rights.
This.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 03:30:24 PM »
And yet I do not remember ever starting a gay marriage thread on this forum.

You are not the only libertarian-type on the forum. (Though you may be the only Libertarian.)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 04:13:32 PM »

I don't get the recent fetish with it.   ;/

Says the guy who's been pushing the issue the most, recently.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 04:17:52 PM »
Says the guy who's been pushing the issue the most, recently.

???

Cite, please.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 04:20:47 PM »
You are not the only libertarian-type on the forum. (Though you may be the only Libertarian.)

I am a Libertarian?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 04:27:12 PM »
I am a Libertarian?

I had thought you started the Libertarian Party in Israel. Am I remembering incorrectly?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 04:33:49 PM »
I had thought you started the Libertarian Party in Israel. Am I remembering incorrectly?

I demand to be given a citizenship in this miraculous Israel in which I am the leader of the Libertarian Party.

I assume it is also the Israel where we never negotiate with terrorists and where every man carries a rifle at all times?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 04:36:07 PM »

I don't get the recent fetish with it.   ;/

But it's so entertaining [popcorn] [popcorn]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 04:44:22 PM »

If I remember rightly, he started a Lib. club at his ooniversity, and helped organize the Tel Aviv Tea Party.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 04:44:36 PM »
I demand to be given a citizenship in this miraculous Israel in which I am the leader of the Libertarian Party.

I assume it is also the Israel where we never negotiate with terrorists and where every man carries a rifle at all times?

No, but it is the Israel where 3 people showed up to your first meeting. (I assume that's much like the Libertarian party in the US, too.)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 04:45:35 PM »
If I remember rightly, he started a Lib. club at his ooniversity, and helped organize the Tel Aviv Tea Party.

Aha! So I'm not the only one remembering something something Libertarian, somethig something complete and Micro.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 04:48:29 PM »
Libertarian club at university.

Israeli Libertarian Facebook thing.

And a range of various lolbertarian events and stuff.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 04:57:01 PM »
???

Cite, please.

Sure. Bogie decided to make it an issue, and you put in quite a bit more than your two cents worth.
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=30928.0

Then p5guy raised the issue, and you ran with it there, as well.
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=30966.0

Now I didn't say that you raised the issue, and maybe "pushing the issue" was not quite the right terminology, either, but you've been just as interested in it as anyone else. Maybe Carberry gives you a run for the money, but you've been one of the most prolific proponents of homosexual marriage on the board lately.

ALL THAT HAVING BEEN SAID, COMMA, I don't see why it's been such an issue lately, either.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 05:09:54 PM »
Sure. Bogie decided to make it an issue, and you put in quite a bit more than your two cents worth.
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=30928.0

Then p5guy raised the issue, and you ran with it there, as well.
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=30966.0

Now I didn't say that you raised the issue, and maybe "pushing the issue" was not quite the right terminology, either, but you've been just as interested in it as anyone else. Maybe Carberry gives you a run for the money, but you've been one of the most prolific proponents of homosexual marriage on the board lately.

ALL THAT HAVING BEEN SAID, COMMA, I don't see why it's been such an issue lately, either.

I'm not interested in it at all.

I'm not the one bringing it up in the context of funny 'Birther threads. ;/

To me, it's a non-issue and distraction.

"Prolific proponent..." nope.  I really don't care, one way or another.  I just hate seeing the "scapegoat causes" getting used again and again for the last 20+ years as the bread and circus diversions for the masses to get duped into allowing status quo to continue every election.
--Lysander Spooner