Author Topic: DC - Arrested for Ammunition  (Read 7458 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
DC - Arrested for Ammunition
« on: October 24, 2013, 09:22:00 AM »
It sounds like this is ongoing from last year, but I've not heard about it before. They don't go into detail about why the cops were after him, other than an ex-wife complaint. Disturbing to think there are places where you can be arrested for ammo, or even empty brass. The warrant language, if accurate, is disturbing as well. “firearms and ammunition … gun cleaning equipment, holsters, bullet holders and ammunition receipts.” Then of course there's the 30 cops it took to serve the warrant.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/23/miller-dc-businessman-faces-two-years-jail-unregis/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
Re: DC - Arrested for Ammunition
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »
I can't imagine how much money someone would have to offer me to live in that area.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 09:45:53 AM »
I can't imagine how much money someone would have to offer me to live in that area.

I'd do it for $80M a year. Then quit after after a couple of months.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 12:20:36 PM »
I'd do it for $80M a year. Then quit after after a couple of months.

Better ways out there to make $80 million.   ;)
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 12:21:48 PM »
Disturbing to think there are places where you can be arrested for ammo, or even empty brass.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/23/miller-dc-businessman-faces-two-years-jail-unregis/

Mexico. If a lot of the D.C. politicians had their way, we'd all be living "South of the border".
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 01:16:56 PM »
Well, for that much money, you can leave all your good stuff in a bunker in Texas. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 02:02:22 PM »
Did you notice that the DC cops have jurisdiction in Virginia now?   :O
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 02:07:51 PM »
Also of interest is that the soon to be ex-wife is apparently making these reports to the police as a tactic.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 02:08:39 PM »

Thanks for pointing this troubling little tidbit out.  That's some creepy *expletive deleted*it, right there.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 02:39:05 PM »

How did you arrive at that?

Two weeks after the June raid, D.C. police investigators went to his sister’s house — unaccompanied by Virginia police and without a warrant — and asked to “view” the firearms, according to a police report. She refused. The next day, the D.C. police returned to her house with the Arlington County police and served her with a criminal subpoena.

The Office of Attorney General of the District of Columbia Irvin Nathan signed an affidavit on Aug. 21, 2012, in support of a warrant to arrest Mr. Witaschek. A spokesman for Mr. Nathan would not comment on a pending case.

Seems to me that his sister told them to go pound sand without the proper paperwork, and that they went home to get it.

A pedantically technical matter - the DC cops should have presented the supoena to the Virginia Attorney General who should have forwarded it to the Arlington County Commonwealth Attorney who should have presented it to the Arlington County PD who should have served and executed it.

I've got a box of hardly used ballots from 2012 (still perfectly good for use in 2014) that says his defense attorney will not bring this up.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 02:41:17 PM »
skid, why the hell is DC enforcing DC laws in VA?

Can't a person own a box of bullets in his Georgetown home without DC cops going all apescat over it?
--Lysander Spooner

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 02:41:57 PM »
Meanwhile, David Gregory is free as a bird . . .
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 05:37:04 PM »

Can't a person own a box of bullets in his Georgetown home without DC cops going all apescat over it?
Georgetown is in DC.

Chris

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 05:41:11 PM »
Ah, gotcha.  I thought "Washington" was the only municipality in DC.  Does "Georgetown" have a mayor or city council or actual city status, or is it just a geographic region, sort of like Queen Ann Hill in Seattle?
--Lysander Spooner

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 06:07:15 PM »
I think it's more like a neighborhood or region.

Chris

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 06:08:36 PM »
Meanwhile, David Gregory is free as a bird . . .

Some animals are more equal than others.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 08:50:42 PM »
Ah, gotcha.  I thought "Washington" was the only municipality in DC.  Does "Georgetown" have a mayor or city council or actual city status, or is it just a geographic region, sort of like Queen Ann Hill in Seattle?

Yes, it is a neighborhood just north of the Potomac River where the airplanes make their turn to DC National (it is not and never will be Ronald Reagan International no matter how often they say it).  Infamous as the home of movers and shakers of both parties.  Used to have a quaint (not quite squee) shopping district along M Street NW and Connecticut Ave NW - have not been there in decades so do not know what it's like now but I'd bet blindly that Nathan's is still a gay bar and the best place in the federal enclave to get a pastrami sammich.

Well, no, since Georgetown is part of DC - see above.  Reader confusion based on not knowing or giving a rip about the neighborhoods of DC, as well as the reoprtologists not even bothering to try to explain things to folks who might be outside the beltway.  (which see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_495_(Capital_Beltway) )

Best chance I'll probably ever have to use the line, so here goes:  You're not from around here, are you?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 09:21:58 PM »
Georgetown also, at least used to, have a Scottish restaurant that made the best Haggis ever. (Hey, the way you guys are veering my other threads, I figured I'd beat you to the punch on this one).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 10:34:44 PM »

I could handle for a few months at $80M annual.  =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 10:47:47 PM »
Then why in the blue hells is DC police coordinating search warrants with anyone from VA, as mentioned in the story?
--Lysander Spooner

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 11:05:05 PM »
Then why in the blue hells is DC police coordinating search warrants with anyone from VA, as mentioned in the story?

Great question. Wonder what lies exwife told. Shes a real winner to lose custody then send cops to raid house where her kids live.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 12:02:39 AM »
Shes a real winner to lose custody then send cops to raid house where her kids live.

And therein lies the answer. 

Momma's that can't play the "Single Mother Victim" card are vindictive c*nts.  Ask me how I know.*

* Here I'll tell you: For example.  When her "Oh Woe is Me" Divorced/Single Mommies Pity Party group at her church found out that she only had our son 5 out of every 14 days, they kinda told her that she can't play any more reindeer games.  (Seems she was the only mommy that wasn't availing herself of their free daycare for the meetings.)  :rofl: :rofl:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 08:19:02 AM »
Great question. Wonder what lies exwife told. Shes a real winner to lose custody then send cops to raid house where her kids live.

That was my observation as well. Look at what she subjected her children to, just for petty revenge.

(Of course, I don't absolve the police for their abusive actions, as well, but fish gotta swim, D.C. cops gotta jackboot.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

brimic

• friends
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 08:40:26 AM »
No point in owning guns anymore unless you plan to use them. The DC government is a criminal enterprise.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 08:53:52 AM »

To prove the guy owns GUNZ!!ELEVENTY!!ONE!!! so they can bring it up in the case they already have against him for a spent casing that was not registered.  Shows the judge/jury that he's an evillllll person who flauts the l;aw by doing stuff that is illergal in DC in a jurisdiction where it is actually legal.  How dare he!

Without wanting to cause the guy any more tsuris via negative waves and such, but I'm wondering how he got his guns if he lives in DC.  (The one remaining FFL in DC is Josh Sugarman of the Gun Violence Policy Center *hack, spit,  [barf] [ar15]*)

stay safe.