Author Topic: DC - Arrested for Ammunition  (Read 7457 times)

Levant

• friend
Re: DC - Arrested for Ammunition
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2013, 10:44:45 PM »
That the home of our federal government has made itself the enemy of the people only highlights that the federal government housed there considers the people enemies of the government.  A government that felt bound in any way by the Constitution would require that its seat of power abide by that Constitution.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Levant

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2013, 10:47:19 PM »
Hopefully the kids remember who put Daddy in prison and never speak to the egg donor again.
NEOKShooter on GRM

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2013, 08:18:21 AM »
To prove the guy owns GUNZ!!ELEVENTY!!ONE!!! so they can bring it up in the case they already have against him for a spent casing that was not registered.  Shows the judge/jury that he's an evillllll person who flauts the l;aw by doing stuff that is illergal in DC in a jurisdiction where it is actually legal.  How dare he!

Without wanting to cause the guy any more tsuris via negative waves and such, but I'm wondering how he got his guns if he lives in DC.  (The one remaining FFL in DC is Josh Sugarman of the Gun Violence Policy Center *hack, spit,  [barf] [ar15]*)

stay safe.

My guess is he lived in Virginia before moving to DC and the guns pre-date the move.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2013, 09:28:04 AM »
IIRC, just because you live in a jurisdiction that bans certain types of (or all) firearms, does not prohibit you from owning them, as long as they are stored (as they are in this case) outside said jurisdiction.    And, IIRC, it is legal to purchase long guns outside your state of residence.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2013, 12:31:40 PM »
IIRC, just because you live in a jurisdiction that bans certain types of (or all) firearms, does not prohibit you from owning them, as long as they are stored (as they are in this case) outside said jurisdiction.    And, IIRC, it is legal to purchase long guns outside your state of residence.

I believe he owned a handgun, though. Cannot get that outside of your state of residence. (Except Military stationed in a different state, I believe.)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2013, 12:43:17 PM »
I believe he owned a handgun, though. Cannot get that outside of your state of residence. (Except Military stationed in a different state, I believe.)

I can own all sorts of stuff that is illegal in California prior to moving to California, then move to California, and leave the naughty items in a storage unit in AZ.

And despite then being a CA resident, I still own all the naughty items.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 01:47:47 PM »
I can own all sorts of stuff that is illegal in California prior to moving to California, then move to California, and leave the naughty items in a storage unit in AZ.

And despite then being a CA resident, I still own all the naughty items.

My guess is he lived in Virginia before moving to DC and the guns pre-date the move.

Levant

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2013, 09:26:36 PM »
Many states have preemption laws.  The Constitution, in this case, preempts the states.  Different from the First Amendment that says Congress shall pass no law, the Second doesn't limit itself to just actions of Congress. 

Well, now if only government could understand something so simple as the Constitution.
NEOKShooter on GRM

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2013, 10:29:40 PM »
I wonder if this could be the next Heller case, the right to keep and bear ammo.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi