Author Topic: Doug reviews a 90's SUV with a gun locker  (Read 723 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Doug reviews a 90's SUV with a gun locker
« on: July 31, 2022, 07:08:56 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ljRpw8oe2c

I'm not a car guy, but I really enjoy this channel, I need a lot more money to be anything else but a poor gun guy
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Doug reviews a 90's SUV with a gun locker
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 07:52:22 PM »
What an obnoxious individual.  :old:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 08:01:20 PM »
What an obnoxious individual.  :old:

He DO have a strange speech pattern.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 08:11:27 PM »
He doesn't sound pro-gun.  Only manly men had a gun with them?

There was a revolver under my Mom's seat pretty much the entire time I was growing up.  One of those things we didn't talk about.  Just about everyone I can think of had a pistol in their vehicle.  Concealed carry wasn't allowed, but car carry was a gray area.  I don't remember anyone using a gun rack except maybe for hunting.

Only story I remember hearing was from an uncle.  He was a welder and he a truck with a custom weld right for a back end.  He said he was near Houston once and two vans tried to box him in.  He said he put his revolver up on the dash and the vans suddenly went away. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 08:29:55 PM »
Growing up, my dad ALWAYS had his .38 Super 1911 in the glove box and this was my mom in our dining area.

PS: the top 3 had loaded magazines and empty chambers, at ALL TIMES. The bottom single shot had that box of shells there at the bottom right. The 16 ga Ithaca and the 410 Stephens in the bottom 2 slots were mine. I was no more than 11 then.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 12:34:31 AM by HeroHog »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2022, 09:55:17 PM »
Vent windows FTW. I wonder if that vent above the cargo area is for when you leave your dog(s) in there, while you run into the bait shop.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2022, 10:05:27 PM »
Had a vent in the back of my 64 Dodge Ex-Phone Co van. You could set to scoop air in or suck air out. Worked best in "Suck" combined with front vent/wing windows! Looks like this:

MOLON LABE!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2022, 10:37:09 PM »
 yeah, he's an CA car guy, I bet he doesn't know anything about gun culture .
 I really like his reviews tho, I've been watching them off and on since 2020 and learning a little about car culture.
 I hope to have enough for a budget used sports car someday
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."