Author Topic: Viral video appears to show NYPD officer punch woman during arrest....  (Read 469 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://youtu.be/4loqGY6fy6I?t=27

This headline popped up on yahoo news.  Found this version of the video.  I didn't listen to the news part so I have no idea what they are saying.  Yahoo news described it as horrible.  I am not sure it is quite so clear cut as the woman started hitting on the cop.  I figure you can make the case that he responded with more force than necessary, but what he did ended it right there. 

Anyway, it looked like the girl was trying to get up close and talk to the guy being arrested and cop was moving her away.  I doubt it was worth getting upset over as the guy was probably released within hours. 

Here is the yahoo news link.  Their video started a little earlier.
https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/cop-clocks-tiny-woman-horrific-164743565.html
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 08:12:10 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Viral video appears to show NYPD officer punch woman during arrest
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 08:04:48 PM »
Full video: Donovan Lewis shooting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO-W4o14Cgs

This also popped up on Yahoo news.  I can't remember if we talked about it or not.  That was a pretty quick shot by the K9 officer.  I can't see that he saw anything that justified the shoot.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Viral video appears to show NYPD officer punch woman during arrest....
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 10:37:25 PM »
https://youtu.be/4loqGY6fy6I?t=27

This headline popped up on yahoo news.  Found this version of the video.  I didn't listen to the news part so I have no idea what they are saying.  Yahoo news described it as horrible.  I am not sure it is quite so clear cut as the woman started hitting on the cop.  I figure you can make the case that he responded with more force than necessary, but what he did ended it right there. 

Anyway, it looked like the girl was trying to get up close and talk to the guy being arrested and cop was moving her away.  I doubt it was worth getting upset over as the guy was probably released within hours. 

Here is the yahoo news link.  Their video started a little earlier.
https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/cop-clocks-tiny-woman-horrific-164743565.html

It looked to me like the chick got in the cop's face and slapped him, so he clocked her.

It's interesting that the comments seem to be heavily favoring the cop.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 09:39:19 AM »
Some people just need to be punched
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 10:49:23 AM »
I was hoping it was Sarah Silverman.  =(
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2022, 12:57:56 PM »
I was hoping it was Sarah Silverman.  =(
Had it involved any member of The Squad or The View this would have been a priceless video, suitable for running on an endless loop as a screen saver.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2022, 01:08:04 PM »

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2022, 12:48:23 AM »
Tough to tell from the video but it looked like an instinctual riposte. 

Can't blame him.

I suspect she should get an Oscar.

I wonder if they're "trained" / "coached' / "advised" to overdo the agony / suffering.

I remember a Church softball game where one of the guys got blipped by a pitch and fell down screaming  and kept dramatically crawling "painfully" and "haltingly" toward his base.

Everybody laughed like hell heck (it was a Church game) and he pleadingly sought the assistance of the first baseman in "struggling painfully" to his feet.

Another Oscar nominee.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 01:15:17 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2022, 04:37:54 AM »
I wonder if they're "trained" / "coached' / "advised" to overdo the agony / suffering.

People like her are. Tap one in the back at a red light and they will act like their back is broken, scream for an ambulance, etc and then rape your insurance for a hefty settlement.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!