Author Topic: Donovan Lewis shooting  (Read 558 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Donovan Lewis shooting
« on: September 02, 2022, 02:27:45 PM »
The video is the entire badge cam footage of the incident.  This link it timestamped to right before the actual shooting.  The already handcuffed two guys and the one they were looking for was still in one of the rooms.  The open the door and the guy is shot almost the instant they light up the room with lights. 
https://youtu.be/tO-W4o14Cgs?t=948

I saw one comment elsewhere that the officer may have intended to turn on his weapon light, but messed up and fired instead.  Either way, one shot and he immediately re-holstered. 

Donovan Lewis Shooting Breakdown - Donut Operator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0t5sesAF2M

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Donovan Lewis shooting
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 03:56:48 PM »
Slight thread drift...I work for a court in Columbus, where this happened.  I'm also on the Safety and Security Committee for the court.  We get Intel briefings relating to things like this, in terms of possible protests/unrest at or near the court.  Anyways, Ohio State is playing Notre Dame in Columbus Satuday night.  Intel is that there's a group trying to organize protesters to show up around 6:00 p.m. and block people from getting to the stadium for the 7:30 game.  That might be more fun to watch than the game. [popcorn]
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 11:39:51 PM »
Comments to Donut's video seem to running about 90%+ toward negligent discharge.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 11:53:54 PM »
Likely the cop will be be ruled justified because he will probably be believed in thinking he saw a weapon (even if erroneous).  So, probably determined “lawful but awful”.

I’m with most commenters on Donuts site.  Probably an ND.  Cop really should catch a manslaughter charge, like any of us would.

Guessing the cop will be encouraged to retire in exchange for no charges.  I hope I’m wrong and gets charged.
Formerly sumpnz

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 11:59:20 PM »
Slight thread drift...I work for a court in Columbus, where this happened.  I'm also on the Safety and Security Committee for the court.  We get Intel briefings relating to things like this, in terms of possible protests/unrest at or near the court.  Anyways, Ohio State is playing Notre Dame in Columbus Satuday night.  Intel is that there's a group trying to organize protesters to show up around 6:00 p.m. and block people from getting to the stadium for the 7:30 game.  That might be more fun to watch than the game. [popcorn]
I hope it doesn't explode on you.  Stay safe.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 08:10:46 AM »
Just watched the video
Him immediately re-holstering screams oh *expletive deleted*it to me. If he really thought the guy was an immediate threat I highly doubt he would have immediately holstered his gun.

Unless something else comes out I agree with the above, negligent discharge.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 08:33:48 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes