Author Topic: a kid about to get an education i suspect  (Read 4279 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
a kid about to get an education i suspect
« on: March 24, 2011, 11:00:16 AM »
http://www.kpho.com/entertainment/23933096/detail.html?vaid=9b9e0f23023759ad2d979071288106d3

Strelzin asked Gribble about comments he made just weeks ago to a state forensic psychiatrist to the effect that people in prison have no idea how dangerous he is. Strelzin asked him if that's why he often wore a quirky grin.

"I smile because all the people in there have no idea who they're messing with," Gribble replied.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: a kid about to get an education i suspect
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 11:13:19 AM »
My dad is a prison minister in New Hampshire.  Hopefully Gribble will live long enough to have a chance at spiritual redemption, even if his chances of earthly redemption are gone.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 11:19:11 AM »
you tell pop i admire him greatly.  thats one tough job but one that is truly needed and one that has been catalytic in getting folks to change their lives.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 01:23:06 PM »
"I smile because all the people in there have no idea who they're messing with," Gribble replied.

LOLZ. From the looks of him, if people mess with him, they'll be messing with Bubba's girlfriend.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 01:41:40 PM »
yea  he has no idea.  and the more he talks the higher rated joint hes going to. hes gotta have his lawyer pulling his hair out.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 02:19:28 PM »
yea  he has no idea.  and the more he talks the higher rated joint hes going to. hes gotta have his lawyer pulling his hair out.

As he most likely has a court-appointed attorney, I doubt there is any hair pulling going on.  And if he's paying an attorney to put on a not-guilty-by-reason-of-insanity defense then I also doubt any hair pulling is going on.  Claiming to either not know right from wrong or being unable to resist doing wrong even when you know it's wrong and his behavior testifying sort of go hand in hand.

He may purposely be trying for the highest security level joint just to avoid becoming Bubba's girlfriend.  Someone may have explained the relationship possibility to him.  I just wonder if the Dept. of Corrections is going to agree with him that he is either so bad or so notorious as to qualify for either maximum security or protective custody assignment.  Then again, NHDOC may not want to be bothered with putting him in Segregation as an administrative matter if/when he starts acting out should he not get Max/PC placement out of the starting chute.  ;)

He's not charged with capital murder, so he does need to look at long-term planning.  I cannot find anything that says NH has civil commitment for those who are not convicted sexual offenders.  Thus, all the discussion of what may happen to him if he is ever released from prison seems to be moot.  The greatest term the court can impose on him is life without parole, which seems to be likely to be what he gets based on his running his mouth as he is.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 02:53:19 PM »
so he does need to look at long-term planning.

thanks  my kid thought i was having a seizure when i read that

j3rd

• Storm Coming
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 08:01:54 AM »
For a crime like that he will go to a maximum security joint. He has the option of going into seg when he finds himself at the bottom of the food chain.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 08:19:29 AM »
Considering that the kid is a cold blooded knife and machete murderer, he may prove to be as dangerous to his cellmates as they are to him.

Prison violence almost never sets the universe straight - it's animalistic and it favours strength and ruthlessness, not fairness.  It's best not to laud it under any circumstances (not that anyone here is doing that).
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 09:03:26 AM »
Selby is right.

The guy doesn't look dangerous... but then at least one person already paid with her life for thinking that about him.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 09:13:46 AM »
Yeah, but how's he going to fare around other predators.  Killing an unsuspecting woman and child are one thing, his fellow prisoners will teach him something else.

Chris

• friends
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 09:50:39 AM »
yup    he mighta been baddest kid in his old neighborhood.  not so in new hood

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 06:12:12 PM »
yup    he mighta been baddest kid in his old neighborhood.  not so in new hood

He may have been a stone cold killer when faced with someone not accustomed to responding to violence, let alone offering violence.  I've met and delved fairly deeply into the psyche and soul of several of those.

However, as c&s'sd has noted, he does not seem to have any experience dealing with those whose daily life revolves around te giving and receiving of violence.

And for everybody who seems to be assured that he is headed for Segregation/Protective Custody at the highest security level facility I tell you that based on what the public record shows without paying for any deeper looks he is on the light side of medium-security and will not qualify for PC status until after some documentation that the general population has taken a physical dislike to him.  There is, as dismaying as it is, a political side to the classification process and he will not benefit from that in any way, shape or manner.  I've worked with NH's classsification staff in the past and they were not known to be any to willing to dump anybody into higher-costing maximum security/segregation/protective custody status without a well-documented need to do so in order to avoid litigation.  (In other words, they were not afraid of basic inmate lawsuits but could see the expensive ones coming from far away.)

stay safe.

* edited to fix spelling errors
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

• friends
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 07:38:43 PM »
that interview could be perceived as bragging or a challenge.  hes gotta back it up now. 

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 10:30:53 PM »
that interview could be perceived as bragging or a challenge.  hes gotta back it up now. 

In all 3 places - court, classification, and the yard.   [popcorn] and taking bets on utter, complete and total fail in the last 2.

stay safe.

• friends
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 10:46:29 PM »
as contemptible a pos as he is i almost feel sorry for him. i did say almost

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 11:09:07 PM »
he seems like the type that believes his own hype, I knew a guy like that-
He is in for a surprise, sure he is cold blooded and will attack ( say) a sleeping cell mate but I would guess that he is going to be forced to accept that his ego is the only big tough muscle he has.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."