Author Topic: PC Tools Registry Mechanic  (Read 673 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
PC Tools Registry Mechanic
« on: February 23, 2010, 09:29:31 PM »
I've been using this registry tool for a while now and have come to believe a good registry cleaning does a system good. My 'puter is always very stable and running this program generally fixes any issues that arise regarding performance.

The thing is they want you to resubscribe periodically for $.

Are there any programs you guys/gals would recommend that have the same functionality that could be found in the freeware realm?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Marnoot

• friend
Re: PC Tools Registry Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 09:32:48 PM »
I've had good luck with RegSeeker.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 11:20:45 PM »
I do pretty well with the registry cleaning portion of ccleaner..  It hasn't caused me any problems and does a good job of removing junk of all kinds, not just obsolete or unneeded registry entries.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 09:04:18 AM »
I use WinASO to clean the registry.  If you really want to help performance use a registry defrag.  I use Perfect Disk.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 11:51:07 PM »
Another vote for CCleaner.  (and get Defraggler while you are at it)
"It's good, though..."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 09:20:32 AM »
Thanks folks, I'm trying a few of these out to see what works for me.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.