Author Topic: Superslim Me! The McDiet  (Read 735 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Superslim Me! The McDiet
« on: January 08, 2014, 11:42:01 AM »
http://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2014/01/science_teacher_eats_mcdonalds_for_90_days_loses_37_pounds.html
Last fall, John Cisna -- a science teacher from Des Moines, Iowa -- ate nothing but McDonald's for 90 days and wound up losing 37 pounds! Hold the mustard! How the heck can that be right?

Here is the money quote: "We all have choices. It's our choices that make us fat, not McDonald's," Cisna told KCCI.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: Superslim Me! The McDiet
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 12:12:11 PM »
Yup.

I cut a bunch of weight nearly 9 years ago not by eating a special diet, but by merely eating less of my normal diet.  I even continued to eat fast food.  Rather than getting the jumbo meal, I got a hamburger, small fries, and an unsweet tea, or a kid's meal.

It isn't rocket science. 

Chris

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 12:57:54 PM »
So you are saying that "Supersize Me" was not about the food itself but about the people and how much of it they stuffed in their faces?

That's racist!

Or sumpt'in.

I'm sure it is.  It's just gotta be.

Right?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 01:32:23 PM »
So you are saying that "Supersize Me" was not about the food itself but about the people and how much of it they stuffed in their faces?

That's racist!

Or sumpt'in.

I'm sure it is.  It's just gotta be.

Right?

stay safe.
Implying that overweight/obesity is caused by overconsumption of calories compared to one's actual daily requirements is a severe case of fat shaming, you shitlord. Everyone on Tumblr knows that weight gain is 100% genetic.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 02:00:50 PM »
Yup.

I cut a bunch of weight nearly 9 years ago not by eating a special diet, but by merely eating less of my normal diet.  I even continued to eat fast food.  Rather than getting the jumbo meal, I got a hamburger, small fries, and an unsweet tea, or a kid's meal.

It isn't rocket science. 

Chris

Exactly. I recall a guy doing this same thing with Twinkies a couple of years ago. I actually went on that one as a joke for a couple of weeks to eat Twinkies and Ding Dongs at work throughout the day, and I didn't gain any weight doing it. One Twinkie every few hours simply doesn't add up to a lot of calories.

I wouldn't want to stay on that one for very long though, just because of nutrients you miss on it. The McDonalds one though, you're actually getting lettuce and other stuff in the mix, so as long as you control intake, you're getting most of the stuff in the old style food pyramid.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 02:19:07 PM »
I lived off of fast food for a year and didn't gain weight. Strangely I was also in the gym 5+ days a week.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 03:18:43 PM »
Indeed. All the furor over "bad food" is silliness. You eat too much, you will get fat and sick. Eat too little, skinny and sick. Eat enough, with a decently varied diet, you will be fine. Humans learned to exist on foods from the jungles to the deserts to the poles. Some cultures thought cow's milk was food, others thought that was crazy. Some think it's not food unless it tastes like pepper spray. Yet all those groups are alive.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 07:36:28 PM »
Implying that overweight/obesity is caused by overconsumption of calories compared to one's actual daily requirements is a severe case of fat shaming, you shitlord. Everyone on Tumblr knows that weight gain is 100% genetic.

Personal responsibility is so passe...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

brimic

• friends
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama